How to separate Movies in the library
Hello @whysoserious

Would you consider writing up a How To: guide for this procedure? I notice you have linked to your thread a few times, and I just think a nicely formatted and step by step guide on the wiki would be easier to find for most people.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-01-27, 22:12)Karellen Wrote: Hello @whysoserious

Would you consider writing up a How To: guide for this procedure? I notice you have linked to your thread a few times, and I just think a nicely formatted and step by step guide on the wiki would be easier to find for most people.
Sure, I'd be glad to! Give me a few days to put something together.

Do you have a preference for the document type? MS Word, Notepad, or...?
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
Probably Notepad, so the hidden codes in Word don't interfere in the copy and paste.

Do you have a wiki account and are you familiar with wiki editing? If not, don't stress, I can copy and paste and fix formatting and upload images. Smile

I have split our posts off and moved them to the Wiki forum. We can collaborate there.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-01-28, 01:56)Karellen Wrote: Probably Notepad, so the hidden codes in Word don't interfere in the copy and paste.

Do you have a wiki account and are you familiar with wiki editing? If not, don't stress, I can copy and paste and fix formatting and upload images. Smile

I have split our posts off and moved them to the Wiki forum. We can collaborate there.
Ok, Notepad it is. I have a rough draft of the text and have generated some screenshots. I'd like your input on the draft (at your convenience).

Sorry, no wiki account or familiarity with the editing process. How or where should I upload it for you? And the pics?

Thanks!
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
@whysoserious

Main page overhauled and your new page uploaded to its new home... http://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_home_items
My Signature
@Karellen 

Thanks, it looks great, I hope people find it useful!
This modification does not work on the default Estuary skin
I HAVE WORKED OUT HOW
add extra menu and library to Esturay on kodi 18
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=333583
the brake down on how to create a new page
the code needs to be added  before <!---video-->
                 <control type="group" id="11000">

<!---blu-ray-->
 <control type="group" id="22000">
       <visible>String.IsEqual(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(id),Blu-Ray)</visible>
     <include content="Visible_Right_Delayed">
      <param name="id" value="Blu-Ray"/>
     </include>
<!---control type --> <control type="grouplist" id="22001">
!---WidgetGroupListCommon--> <include>WidgetGroupListCommon</include>
      <pagecontrol>22010</pagecontrol>

///////////////////////////////////////////Widgets////////////////////////
 <include>WidgetGroupListCommon</include>
<include content="WidgetListPoster">
<param name="content_path" value="special://skin/playlists/bluray.xsp"/> // create a smart playlist (may need to move from kodi playlist to theme playlist)
////////////////////////////////////////Widgets////////////////////////
<!---WidgetScrollbar --> <include content="WidgetScrollbar" condition="Skin.HasSetting(touchmode)">
      <param name="scrollbar_id" value="22010"/>
     </include>
    </control>
<!---/blu-ray-->

id needs to = the same number id="22000"> grouplist" id="22001"> <pagecontrol>22010</pagecontrol>any Widget that you add needs to be in the same value="22900"/>
the next page would be number id="23000"> grouplist" id="23001"> <pagecontrol>23010</pagecontrol>any Widget that you add needs to be in the same value="23900"/>
as long as each page is a new and matching number I have added 3 more pages
Memu
<item>
        <label>Blu-Ray</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;E:\\Blu-Ray\\&quot;,return)</onclick>  // you need a file to link to add to favourites is a easy way then get the link from favourites.xml
               <property name="menu_id">$NUMBER[22000]</property>  // needs to Match the same number 22000
        <thumb>icons/sidemenu/blu-ray.png</thumb>
       <property name="id">Blu-Ray</property>                              // need to match  <visible>String.IsEqual(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(id),Blu-Ray)</visible>
       <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMovieButton)</visible>
      </item>

Image Image Image Image
Hello,
if you use Kodi with as many movies as i did, an "alphabethic scrollbar" would be very nice.

you can do it with nodes
\Kodi\userdata\library\video\movies\
make a folder movies a-z
make index.xml
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="5 A" type="folder" visible="Library.HasContent(Movies)">
 <label>Movies A - Z</label>
 <icon>AZ.png</icon>
 </node>

then you need to make the nodes for sorting the movies
a.xml
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?> 
<node order="1" type="filter">
 <icon>a.png</icon>
<label>A</label> 
 <name>a</name>
<content>movies</content> 
<match>one</match>
<rule field="originaltitle" operator="startswith"> 
<value>a</value>
 <rule field="originaltitle" operator="startswith">
        <value>THE A</value>
    </rule>
</rule> 
</node> 
https://nofile.io/f/8sOefnMr0MF/a-z+movies.zip

(2018-02-01, 03:23)whysoserious Wrote: @Karellen 

Thanks, it looks great, I hope people find it useful!
Kodi newby here (many years a W7 WMC Media Browser user, put off switching to W10 for lack of WMC, now having to switch, hence Kodi virgin)
Tried following this guide and the smart playlists appear to have been correctly created (xml code appears to match successful examples elsewhere in the forum) but I can't get the Home screen to action the playlists.
Tried to follow your actions to the letter, but section 5 illustration 22 is where I come unstuck.
There is no "playlist" option; only "playlists" (which appears 2 lines above in the aforementioned)
In the absence of the singular option, I used the plural, but clicking on the resultant playlist just presents a blank screen with a lonely playlist icon.
Are those instructions still vaild on the latest Kodi and Silvo versions ?

Hello @Terry60

(2020-07-01, 04:20)Terry60 Wrote: Are those instructions still vaild on the latest Kodi and Silvo versions ?
Yes they are, but I have just checked the process against my v18.7 installation and looks like a skin update made by MikeSiLVO has changed those options. I will adjust the screenshot and the note of image 22 accordingly. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

(2020-07-01, 04:20)Terry60 Wrote: There is no "playlist" option; only "playlists" (which appears 2 lines above in the aforementioned)
In the absence of the singular option, I used the plural, but clicking on the resultant playlist just presents a blank screen with a lonely playlist icon.
Correct. Use the plural option - Playlists

(2020-07-01, 04:20)Terry60 Wrote: but clicking on the resultant playlist just presents a blank screen with a lonely playlist icon.
I tested this as well, and my new main menu item displayed the playlist correctly.
From the main menu go to Videos>Playlists. Find your playlist and select it. Do you have a listing of movies or is it blank? If it is blank there is an error in the playlist. Post a screenshot of your playlist edit screen here in your post.

If the image is on your computer, use button 19.
If the image has already been uploaded to a public image hosting site, right click the image and select Copy image location then use button 14 and paste the link
My Signature
(2020-07-01, 05:04)Karellen Wrote: Do you have a listing of movies or is it blank?

Yes, blank as shown in shot 2 in my OP. Clicking on that back-arrow folder takes me to

And selecting either playlist loops back to #2
Clicking back on the above leads to the 3 User Playlist folders
and clicking video flip-flops between the above two

These are the two playlists

Which relate to this PC configuration
Strange that it does not work. I tested using the same rules you used and it worked for me.

Could you provide a Debug Log which captures an Update Library, and I might spot an issue with paths. I assume these drives are actual local drives and not mapped network drives?
My Signature
(2020-07-02, 06:39)Karellen Wrote: Strange that it does not work. I tested using the same rules you used and it worked for me.

Could you provide a Debug Log which captures an Update Library, and I might spot an issue with paths. I assume these drives are actual local drives and not mapped network drives?
Thanks for trying Karellan,
Yes those are actual physical spinning platters sitting inside the PC, but since I found a much quicker and easier solution to customizing the Home menu items in another Skin thread (which works just the same in Silvo) using Favourites, you can write this one off as solved.
I've decided smart playlists is a bit of a roundabout over-complex method to achieve a result which favourites accomplishes with ease.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to separate Movies in the library0