Almost all recordings are removed with label: File Missing
Hi,

Since a couple of weeks almost all of my recordings (scheduled with autorec through TVH web interface) are removed. The recordings aren’t listed as failed recording but they are under the tab removed recordings with the status: File missing.

I did have a look at the dvr logs in /hts/.hts/tvheadend/dvr/log but I can’t find any useful info there apart from the fact the file object is also missing from the json log.

My first guess is that it has something to do with my last month upgrade to Kodi Krypton (18 alpha). I wanted to try the new Netflix plugin (which is great!) and try out the new emulator part (which isn’t so great yet :p).

After searching the TVheadend and Kodi forums I didn’t find other people with similiar problems. I found the following topic which might be relevant: https://tvheadend.org/boards/5/topics/21766 thing is, this topic is over a year old. Anyway I tried updating the TVH plugin in Kodi but it fails because of missing dependency Kodi v17. Is this possible to do manually? I could ssh into the box and update it but I didn’t find a suitable version of the plugin.

Some more info:

As said runnning Kodi 18 alpha
TVHeadend: version 4.3-1001~g3ff1f4d
Server running TVH: Ubuntu 16.04
Client running Kodi: Openelec 9.0 milhouse build

Can anybody point me in the right direction on how to find out why my recording are being removed or how to get more debug info? A direct fix for the problem is of course also much appreciated. Any help is much appreciated Smile

Kind regards,

Bechrissed
(2018-01-28, 19:31)bechrissed Wrote: Hi,

Since a couple of weeks almost all of my recordings (scheduled with autorec through TVH web interface) are removed. The recordings aren’t listed as failed recording but they are under the tab removed recordings with the status: File missing.

I did have a look at the dvr logs in /hts/.hts/tvheadend/dvr/log but I can’t find any useful info there apart from the fact the file object is also missing from the json log.

My first guess is that it has something to do with my last month upgrade to Kodi Krypton (18 alpha). I wanted to try the new Netflix plugin (which is great!) and try out the new emulator part (which isn’t so great yet :p).

After searching the TVheadend and Kodi forums I didn’t find other people with similiar problems. I found the following topic which might be relevant: https://tvheadend.org/boards/5/topics/21766 thing is, this topic is over a year old. Anyway I tried updating the TVH plugin in Kodi but it fails because of missing dependency Kodi v17. Is this possible to do manually? I could ssh into the box and update it but I didn’t find a suitable version of the plugin.

Some more info:

As said runnning Kodi 18 alpha
TVHeadend: version 4.3-1001~g3ff1f4d
Server running TVH: Ubuntu 16.04
Client running Kodi: Openelec 9.0 milhouse build

Can anybody point me in the right direction on how to find out why my recording are being removed or how to get more debug info? A direct fix for the problem is of course also much appreciated. Any help is much appreciated Smile

Kind regards,

Bechrissed

Did you ever get this fixed? I have this too
I had this with tvheadend (it's not a Kodi issue) for a few channels in the past and occurred when a channel was moved between multiplexes and old and new were simulcast or had stopped broadcasting on old multiplex but was still being listed on the EPG. It's not reoccurred for a while so may have been fixed in tvheadend or just not happened to channels I record.

On the tvheadend web UI go to the Configuration - DVB Inputs - Services tab and change the Hide dropdown from Parent Disabled to None. Look for duplicate entries for affected channels (technically called services in this tab), check which is the old and which is the new, edit the old service and remove/untick it from its assigned channel (and make sure the new one is assigned to that channel).

Otherwise it'll fix itself when the old channel is retired (which can be months) and, in the same tab with the maintenance button, you remove all unseen channels.

If you use Kodi to set recordings you'll need to refresh the EPG (or wait until next automatic update).
I had a similar issue for a 'time exclusive' channel here in the UK.  BBC Four HD is timeshared with CBeebies HD on both DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 - but they are carried as separate LCNs and separate services with separate Service IDs.  When I set-up TV Headend using a SAT>IP DVB-S2 tuner - CBeebies HD was on-air, but TV Headend also correctly identified and added BBC Four HD.  However all recordings scheduled for BBC Four HD failed and were in the 'File missing' category in the "removed recordings" tab.  At first I thought it was permissions based (but BBC One HD and BBC Two HD were fine) - but doing a forced rescan and service map when BBC Four HD was on-air solved the issue.
Thanks for your replies! I think it has to do with the fact that TV Mosaic is also still running. I think they both try to exclusively use the tuners. I will try for a while with TV Mosaic shut down

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Almost all recordings are removed with label: File Missing0