NVIDIA Shield TV/Kodi 18/ VU+ PVR Add On 5sec buffering after every channel change
hi guys,

i've replaced my i3 HTPC with a NVIDIA Shield TV 2017.
i'm using latest kodi 18 leia alpha build (nightly) and since upgrade to leia 5-7 seconds buffering(still image with buffering circle) occur on every channel change.
After reaching 100% buffer, live tv is running as expected and without a problem until i switch to another channel -> again 5-7 sec  buffering ...

when i use krypton 17.6, there are no buffering issues when changing channels...

do i have to configure something special in kodi 18 to get rid of these buffering ?

thanks in advance

P.S. i can record a video of this behavior if it helps anybody
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2018-01-29, 15:59)QLink Wrote: P.S. i can record a video of this behavior if it helps anybody
Any 'evidence' of bugs is always welcome Smile

I also already heard from a Kodi team member he is experiencing similar buffering problems in Kodi 18 alpha builds. Kodi 17 is presenting less problems in that area.
Hi Klojum,

here's my log: https://pastebin.com/F0txgRjX

i've removed all the lines containing my movie folders/network adresses from scraper...

best greetz
Running into the same problem with Milhouse latest generic and RPI builds.
Is a debug log or video still helpfull?

Thanks
I have this exact same problem.
To be honest I've seen this happening ever since I first upgraded to Kodi 18 back in August 2017.
Like others have reported, channel buffers for 5 seconds or so and when the busy spinner reaches 100%, channel will then play as expected.
My own observations are that the above behaviour normally happens as soon as the channel you have selected to play actually starts playing. Switching channel also causes the same behaviour when the new channel starts playing. The issue normally happens as soon as a channel starts playing, but I have also seen instances where a channel will start playing normally for a few seconds, then buffer as described above. I've also seen the same behaviour happen at the end of TV show or maybe as a new show is about to start/starting.

Because it only lasts for just a few seconds, I've learned to live with it as just a mild irritation. Ideally, it would be great to have the issue fixed, particularly as this behaviour did not exist in Kodi 17, or certainly not to same extent. Have tried different devices (Windows, Android TV, Nvidia Shield) and same thing happens on each device.

Here my own debug log. I hope this also helps to identify the problem:-
https://pastebin.com/3rKuNETH

If you need any further info or would like me to test anything, just let me know.
Experiencing the same issue on all my devices (LE, Android, Windows) running Kodi 18.
hello,
the problem still exists on shield tv and windows.
here i have log from clean kodi18 installation, hope it help.

https://pastebin.com/RLgHEaXp

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield TV/Kodi 18/ VU+ PVR Add On 5sec buffering after every channel change0