No folder icons when sharing from FTP?
Information 
I've been sharing my directories via Samba for awhile now using XBMC, and I've developed a habit of putting a folder.jpg into each directory of each show I watch so they wouldn't need to rescrape for icons every time I changed things. Anyways, I've finally got a permanent network appliance sharing my media via FTP, but the banners don't show up.

Well, I decided to try scraping thetvdb.com and started scanning all the directories, but they still don't get a banner.

Finally I decided to Browse for Thumbnail, and manually apply the thumbnail.

It might be for performance reasons that you've decided not to open a ftp connection for each folder.jpg to download, or it might be that you just haven't got to it yet... but in any case, I have two feature requests (The second one has been bugging me for a bit..)

1. Please implement downloading and caching to the library a folder.jpg for each show when you add the folder to the library.

2. Make the default location when you "Browse for thumbnail" the current directory. It defaults back to the network locations, and doesn't consider the enormous amount of extra effort required to re-browse two or three sub-folders when you have to repeat this process for 30 or 40 difference series.
i agree... my smb sharing has been increasingly problematic over the last 6 months and ive been able to successfully share everything the way i wanted to by hosting an ftp server, however thumbnails are the only limitation now.... if theres an update to get around this, i would love to know (aside from manually assigning them through xbmc, as i have several hundred files requiring thumbnails...)
i just wrot a long post about this before my laptop died...so to make a long story short, i've too ran into this problem now.

Any one else having this problem, or know any information about it? I'll go check trac to see if there is anything there.

I moved a lot of media along with the .nfo and .tbn files to another xbox assuming that my xbox would pick them up, i see the info (after running the scraper) for the movies but no thumbnail.
Well, I couldn't find anything on trac yet about this issue. Anyone have any input before I make a ticket about this bug and/or feture request (i'm not sure if it's supposed to work or not)?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No folder icons when sharing from FTP?1