Update from OpenElec > LibreElec (Skin question)
Hi.

I'm planning to switch from OE (6.0.3) to latest LE (8.2.x with Kodi 17.6) and Arctic: Zephyr is my current skin in OE.

Question: Is Arctic: Zephyr officially supported in Kodi 17.x repositories > so it should also automatically update when I perform my system update?

Appreciated Smile

//Timo
Your upgrade probably will run into a different problem: the size of the system partition is too small for the new LibreELEC setup. You can either resize this partition manually via GParted or some other partition tool, or first do a backup, install LibreELEC fresh, and restore the backup.

Switch to Confluence first before upgrading. After the upgrade, you will have the new default Estuary skin first. It should avoid initial/direct upgrade problems to the Arctic skin (if any).
Arctic Zephyr is in the Kodi 17 repo, so the upgrade "should be fine" .
(2018-01-30, 11:11)Klojum Wrote: Your upgrade probably will run into a different problem: the size of the system partition is too small for the new LibreELEC setup. You can either resize this partition manually via GParted or some other partition tool, or first do a backup, install LibreELEC fresh, and restore the backup.

Switch to Confluence first before upgrading. After the upgrade, you will have the new default Estuary skin first. It should avoid initial/direct upgrade problems to the Arctic skin (if any).
Arctic Zephyr is in the Kodi 17 repo, so the upgrade "should be fine" .
 As far as I know (yes, I might absodefinitely also be wrong), but my 254 MB boot partition should be *just* enough. That's what I learned from LE forums. But, is that incorrect?

Thx for the Skin tip, for sure, I'll then switch to Confluence 1st prior update process.

Appreciated!

//Timo
Oh, that was you? Were you hoping for a different answer on this forum? Smile
Try your upgrade. You'll find out soon enough if the system partition size is okay.
No, rather confirmation, if possible Smile

For sure, I'll pursue towards next steps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update from OpenElec > LibreElec (Skin question)0