New hardware consideration
That mobo looks awesome !
This may be the one. $40 with all the bits I'll need.
bmfrosty Wrote:Sweet. Although.. my big problem with Mini-ITX has always been finding cheap cases and power supplies. I'd think that it wouldn't be a problem, but it always seems to be. Time to start looking again.

I've never had a problem finding good inexpensive mini itx cases... just that all mini itx boards had via graphics... that intel board is SWEET!!.. even with the integrated intel graphics... I have GOT to have that board when it comes out.. well, if it's not entirely too expensive.. which it probably will be...
The atom CPUs are actually quite slow; they're meant to be used in subnotebooks, cellphones, and UMPCs. I wouldn't count on even the Z540 (1.86Ghz) atom handling 720p. I guess we'll see, but my feeling is that the mac mini refresh will be the best way to go, whether you choose OSX or linux.
Just a little heads up, Intel nearly halved the prices on all of the non-penryn c2d/qs yesterday so now might be a good time to jump on them.

EDIT: link
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,15...X1K0000532
rodalpho Wrote:The atom CPUs are actually quite slow; they're meant to be used in subnotebooks, cellphones, and UMPCs. I wouldn't count on even the Z540 (1.86Ghz) atom handling 720p. I guess we'll see, but my feeling is that the mac mini refresh will be the best way to go, whether you choose OSX or linux.

Why did you bring up the atom CPUs? This mITX board is supposed to support C2Duo and C2Quad CPUs.

A quad-core in a tiny box like that would be AWESOME Wink

It supports the Atom as well, I think, but the real benefit is the C2D support.

-Wes
Oh it takes LGA775 CPUs, I didn't see that. Pretty cool then.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New hardware consideration0