desktop 0x0
I have an old hdtv that i'm trying to get the windows xbmc working with. It is super sensitive to hdtv resolution timings, and the only way I can get it to work is using a program called powerstrip, using an exact set of timings. xbmc keeps changing the resolution when it loads, which makes my tv go blank since it doesn't support the resolution its changing to...

I'm assuming desktop 0x0 would make it fullscreen, but not change the resolution... is that true? Is that option even working tho? I've seen a few references to it saying to not use it... but no reason why... does it just not work, or should I try something else to fix this problem?

I tried manually changing the guisettings.xml to use desktop 0x0 and other ones that my tv should support... but no dice
desktop 0x0 is the resolution of the current windows desktop its probably something to do with refresh rate changing
Jezz_X Wrote:desktop 0x0 is the resolution of the current windows desktop its probably something to do with refresh rate changing

Is there any way to keep it from changing that you know of? I looked around I can't find anything specific..
Have you tried setting it to your tv resolution in XBMC setting that works for me?
I don't think that desktop 0x0 works yet not the last time I tried any way
marlboroman1 Wrote:Have you tried setting it to your tv resolution in XBMC setting that works for me?
I don't think that desktop 0x0 works yet not the last time I tried any way

Well I can set it to the 640x480 (to get 480p) but it doesn't work. Even in windows I can't set it to the exact timings needed for it to work... thats why I have to use powerstrip for it to work. Even with that it was tough gettin it just right.

Thats why I was hoping there was a way to basically just make xbmc full screen without it touching the resolution/refresh/etc settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
desktop 0x00