Node editor and kodi usage?
So I am running a few test while using node editor and I am have some issues with the way Kodi reacts versus the way I think it should act and wanted to know if anyone else has noticed this and if so is there a work around?

Okay so I setup a node lets call it "node 1" now if I am on the home menu and I have the movies path set to videodb://movies/titles/ when I click on it I go to the list of all the movies as expected nothing out the ordinary. But now I press the back icon and I get a list of the default nodes but my "node 1" is missing. The reason is I am actually still in the videodb directory for the lack of better description. So this set of nodes are different then the ones that you can actually customize.

If I go to videos then click movies now my "node 1" shows up, but I am in the directory library://video/movies/   so if we are playing with 2 different directories and my custom node only shows up under one of the two of them then why even have custom nodes? shouldn't my custom node be added to both directories?

Has anyone else noticed this?

Is there something I am missing? can I get my custom node to show in both directories?

Thanks for reading and replying. I am interested to see how this is supposed to work.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Can confirm on 17.6, seems like a bug. If it is present on v18 nightlies, then I would suggest filing a bug report on https://trac.kodi.tv/

Steps to reproduce:
1. With library node editor, create a custom node under Videos > Movies >
2. Then open ActivateWindow(Videos,library://video/movies/titles.xml,Return)
3. Click the parent folder item
4. videodb://videos/movies is opened but the created node is not there
5. Go back one more level and then re-open "Movies"
6. Created node is now there (and folder path is now library://videos/movies)

Seems like it is an issue with the parent folder item going to videodb://videos/movies rather than library://videos/movies.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
yeah, it's been like that ever since custom nodes were introduced.
we have the 'old' internal videodb:// paths and the 'new' node based library:// paths.

ideally the old videodb:// paths should be dropped, but the library:// path implementation was never full finalized.

one of the features of the node system is that you can also remove nodes...
which will lead to issues for skins that use a typical home menu like:
  • Movies [ActivateWindow(Movies)]
  • TV Shows [ActivateWindow(TVShows)]
  • Music [ActivateWindow(Music)]
  • etc...
now what would happen if a user decides he doesn't care for movies and removes that node?
and least you'll have a partially broken home menu now.

the initial plan was to also introduce a node based home menu, that would reflect the available library nodes,
but that never happened....
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
So basically since the new paths aren't complete and we have a mixture it's probably best to ingore the newer paths and nodes if looking for a more streamline approach... As it all boils down we will still end on the older path ways to get to the media so I can skip the new paths for the most part without too many repercussions
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Node editor and kodi usage?0