No thumbnails for folder containing videos only
Hi,

In "IMAGES" Section,

Thumbnails are displayed for images files and are used for images folders (containing images files).

but

Thumbnails are displayed for video files (embedded i think) but not for video folders (containing video files).

This is a screenshot of what it is about :

If i'm right, i have to put a folder.jpg into each of my folders but i'm seaching an automatic way. 

Is there anything i can do ? Could an addon or a skin do that ?

Thanks
I've always thrown in a jpeg in the root folder, but looking here you could just re-generate the thumbs and if there's a file called poster.jpg or any images it will be added. https://imgur.com/LwyLfZB
Hi,

But i don't have any poster.jpg file. Is there a way to autogenerate them from embeded video thumbs ?
If you have a folder with just videos in it, then using the Kodi 'Image Viewer', is not the right way to handle this set-up. Create a proper video source for it, throw some poster.jpgs for covers and Fanart.jpgs for backgrounds or go all the way and make .nfo meta-data for the scraper. Adding videos to the library/Home videos/custom videos But let's say you have some family images, and a few .mov files (settinbgs have tagged 'play vidoes' in the pictures area), then you'll have thumbnails created. I suspect you're trying to do an end run around the library process for single videos and would like just a dump folder to list and play videos? If that's the case, just exclude the scraper in the settings of a video source and use file mode for access.
Hi,

I use file mode only for my home videos. I don't want to add any nfo or thumb file manually. With photos folders, thumbs are automaticly added to folders display. For videos, it seems i have to manually put a jpg file inside the folders.

It seems that there is not automatic way to do that..

Thanks
If all you have in the folders are videos, then set-up the sources as a video source, and investigate "Artwork Beef", https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=258886
Hi,

Sorry for my late reply. I'm always searching a way to display video folder thumbnails automaticly (like Plex "photo" library or Synology photo/video station). I'm now on Kodi 18.1.
Is "Artwork Beef" really a solution for that ?

Thanks
(2019-03-25, 14:56)nonob Wrote: Artwork Beef" really a solution
Probably not, I do have select image folders and have set-up various slideshows for presentation etc. and wished Kodi could do more, but resources have been allocated to other areas of the program; we always welcome new talent and anything that adds functionality and makes Kodi better for all. I merely offer some common work-rounds and suggest there are extra add-ons that add to the program available in the forum which may have not make the official add-ons page because of their beta status or lack of testing across platforms.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Do you say there are existing addons which could add this function ? If yes, can you tell me which ?

I love Kodi but often use official Plex addon for photos and personal video...
I can't think of any addon that extracts thumbs from videos not in the library.  You might consider writing a script for ffmpeg to recursively do a frame grab from each file in your folder tree.  Then rename one in each folder to folder.jpg.  A little searching finds various implementations.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No thumbnails for folder containing videos only0