Media Portal PVR Client on Android
Hi Folks,
It's been a while since I've used the Media Portal PVR Client, but I'm thinking about buying a new Quad Tuner card for viewing Freeview in the UK, which I will install on my PC along with the MP server. Am I right in thinking that if I enable the MP client on my Nvidia Shield, all I need to do is enter the IP address of the Server on my PC in order to get live TV channels streamed to the shield?

I was curious to know how well the MP client performs on Android devices, such as the Shield, so any feedback would be very welcome.
Cheers
Is nobody using the MP Client on Android then?
Works perfect on a Shield.
(2018-02-14, 21:08)pünktchen Wrote: Works perfect on a Shield.
 Great, thanks for coming back to me Smile
Is the way I described, how you would configure for the Shield?
You also have to share your timeshift and recordings folder on the tv server and enter the credentials in the Kodi addon.
(2018-02-16, 00:22)pünktchen Wrote: You also have to share your timeshift and recordings folder on the tv server and enter the credentials in the Kodi addon.
 Perfect!......Thanks for the info Smile
Can you describe the procedure and what exactly to do? Where to find timeshift and recordings folders for sharing and what credentials to enter in Kodi?
(2018-03-25, 00:51)mokerock Wrote: Can you describe the procedure and what exactly to do? Where to find timeshift and recordings folders for sharing and what credentials to enter in Kodi?
 https://kodi.wiki/view/PVR/Backend/MediaPortal
Hello, hijacking this thread a littlebit. Anyone have issues with Mediaportal on Android these days? I am trying today on my Android TV to watch live TV and recordings but not luck. 
I get the EPG, Channels load fine but when I try to tune a channel it does not connect to video. I just get a quick flicker and back to the kodi interface. I can reproduce this behaviour or my android phone as-well. Trying on Libreelec and OSMC it works just fine. Not sure how long this has been an issue ad I usually use only Libreelec and OSMC but now I am migrating to an Android TV and running the app on the TV would be the best solution! Smile 

Any pointers? Logging I should get?
I now found that the Android platform cannot connect to the hostname of the server. Reason is very simple, since the client is using SMB names it seems it cannot resolve the host and therefore unable to connect. In the logs which I finally got read I found unix "error"  ´connection timed out´File Reader::OpenFile(), open file smb://xxxxusername:pw@smbhostname/share/live3-0.ts.tsbuffer failed.

My best guess is the SMB problem. Could I change the name of the server to an IP address instead??
Fixed it Smile Enabled legacy CIFS / SMB on Windows 10! Smile 

SMB/Windows (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Portal PVR Client on Android0