Playback slow down
Hi there,

Apologies if this has already been posted!

When I play videos (talking about files on my hard drive, not streams) on my Macbook they are fine, and are also playing fine when I play them on a TV that's connected to my Macbook via HDMI, however when I play files on a TV connected to my Macbook via HDMI when using Kodi, every 10 minutes or so the video will slow down (with sound still playing fine) for about 10 seconds, then the video will speed up and catch up to where the sound is, like I said it only happens when playing videos through Kodi on the tv...i've tried all variations of the Kodi settings, turning off acceleration, tinkering with the synching settngs etc etc....any suggestions? thanks!

Debug log here: https://pastebin.com/uJDiRHH0
Have you hardware video acceleration turned on in kodis playback settings? At the moment it uses software decoding which might be to much for that old hardware.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi,

Yup i've tried both, it was set to hardware at the time of that log though?
The Intel X3100 GPU is already pretty outdated and has no real hw acceleration whatsoever (I have the same GPU in my Core2duo laptop).
So is it the case that my Macbook is just too old to run any version of Kodi satisfactorily?
Is there no resolution to my quandary?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback slow down0