iMon 16x2 VFD display driver for XBMC for Windows
Well thats further than I got. I could not get LCDSmartie to detect the hardware at all, IR receiver disabled or not. No
Mccorkled- Did you ever get the 7" VFD working on the Moncaso 932?
I just did the server settings in XBMC, edited my iMON (7.78.1125) frontview settings to never, downloaded the VFDSource.zip, unzipped it and open the VFDserver.exe.

Socket and XBMX are green and I can see the xbmc info in the preview field, but the VFD is red saying connection failed (0)

My computer is an Antec Fusion Remote.

What have i done wrong?
klikkamongo Wrote:What have i done wrong?

Nothing, I don't think - this thread is now quite old and newer versions of the imon drivers don't work with the plugin in this thread. Indeed, many models of imon never worked with it AFAIK.

You might want to try finding older imon drivers and see if it works or you might do what i did (same case as yours) - open up your case and unplug your VCD: it's a rubbish display and any info it can give you - you already know.

(Sorry if that doesn't sound helpful - but actually - it really is.)
Buy an XBMC dev a Xmas Drink here!
I've done a lot of reading around on the forums but never found an easy to follow guide on how to setup this up. I've seen LCDHype talked about and VB_VFD. VB_VFD didn't work for me and I dont understand how to use LCDHype as it's not a very user friendly program.

Does anyone please have a solution on how to set this up?
Hando Wrote:Nothing, I don't think - this thread is now quite old and newer versions of the imon drivers don't work with the plugin in this thread. Indeed, many models of imon never worked with it AFAIK.

You might want to try finding older imon drivers and see if it works or you might do what i did (same case as yours) - open up your case and unplug your VCD: it's a rubbish display and any info it can give you - you already know.

(Sorry if that doesn't sound helpful - but actually - it really is.)

Do you know wich versions who work? Why did you open the case and unplug it, you know you can deactivate with a software.
Hi - yes I do know you can disable in the imon driver software but that means you have to install the drivers first and I'd rather not install drivers for hardware I don't want to use. Also - even with the panel disabled in software it can still act up: e.g. back light going full on after wake from S3 suspend.

YMMV but for me I don't rate the panel and after lots of fiddling with the driver in this thread and LCDHype and LCDSmartie and others without success I'm much happier now it's off.

So: no sorry I never found a driver version which worked with the driver in this thread. Sorry.
Buy an XBMC dev a Xmas Drink here!
I did have it working with iMON Manager 7.40.0806 but I haven't tried it for later version.

Reason I stopped using it was that shutdown through the remote would not work for me with this plugin running.
HTPC: ZBOX-ID41 running OpenElec with Logitech Harmony remote.
NAS: Lian Li Cube, MSI P55-CD53, Intel I7-880, 16GB RAM, 23x 2TB WD drives @ RAID6, 500GB Samsung, Ubuntu Linux.
TV: Samsung UE75ES9005
Does noone have the solution to this?
Hey there,

ist this Plugin still available? The Link in the first Post doesn't work... I actuall installed the latest Beta of iMon - there is little support for XBMC showing the played file... but not where you are in the menu etc.

That's what I'm lookin for to use XBMC on my HTPC without turning the screen on. For that I need a plugin that shows the "navigation" on the Antec Fusion / Soungraph OEM Display.

Please help!
again:

Sry found the File posted somewhere else. Now I've another problem:

XBMC and so on works, but the programm can't get a connection to the Display (red box) connection failed Error -256 ...

what does it meanHuh Pls help! Is there propably a new version with new .dll supporting another API? Read that there a different versions of the Display... Could you programm another Driver with the newer DLL?

Ingo
As far as I understand this program gets info from XBMC via the old XBMC web api. But new XBMC versions do not have that api anymore as they switched to Json so you need to rewrite this app.

On the Soundgraph forum its clear the Soundgraph devs have created support for XBMC a month ago, but also via the old method, wich makes it useless (stupid devs!). But they do promise to update when an official XBMC build comes out.
Hm, the programm as iteself get's the right information - I tryed it without the LCD. The only problem is: The program can't get any acces to my display. I think because of another version of the display. A couple people said that there is problem with different versions.
So it would perhaps be possible, to "reprogramm" this VFD Programm to other Displays - I can't do it by myself because I've no clue about it.

But thanks for your answer. I hope that XBMC and iMon will stick together to get it workin proberly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iMon 16x2 VFD display driver for XBMC for Windows0