IPTV Simple Client died on me, again...
IPTV Simple Client died again today. I don't know what keeps happening to it, but even reinstalling Kodi doesn't fix it. Last week I ended up having to format and reinstall Windows to get it working again. I was smart this time and made a disk image before Kodi broke again, so I can restore from that pretty quickly, but what is going on?

IPTV Simple Client loads the channels, it loads the EPG, everything looks fine until you click on a channel and then the wheel spins for 30 seconds, then stops and nothing plays. It worked fine before I went to bed. Nothing about my setup has changed, and it works fine on 3 other devices on the same network, Windows and Android. It also works fine on this PC through my IPTV provider's addon, but not through IPTV Simple Client.

I uninstalled Kodi (Microsoft Store version) and reinstalled it, reinstalled my IPTV provider's addon (which automatically enables and sets up IPTV Simple Client), and it still will not play anything through IPTV Simple Client even though it finds all the channels and correctly updates the EPG. Again, everything works through the IPTV provider's addon, and IPTV Simple Client works on 3 other devices on the same network.

Please help? I don't like reinstalling my OS weekly just to watch CNN..

Debug Log: https://pastebin.com/vpVWecGh
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Why aren't you talking to your "IPTV Provider"?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Can't seem to make a new post on their forum, probably some new account activation or something.

It worked after restoring the backup, then Windows updated and it stopped working.

Again it works fine on 2 other Windows machines, and an Android. It also works on this machine, just not through IPTV Simple Client. I don't think the problem is with the provider.

I made a reddit post about it... We'll see.
"Vaders TV" is a pirated TV Channels Provider, which makes this thread pointless.
Hey I fixed it!

Had to add the following to the Windows Hosts file in system32/drivers/etc   

127.0.0.1       localhost
::1             localhost

Just removed the # from the 2 default entries and I'm back up and running!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Simple Client died on me, again...0