It works in this folder structure.
Album
--CD1
----Name1.ape
----Name1.cue
--CD2
----Name2.ape
----Name2.cue
On Main Menu, Click on Music -> Playlists -> New Playlist -> Files -> (then browse to your Album) -> (right click on) CD1 -> Add -> (right click on) CD2 -> Add ...repeat the right click and add to all CD's you want to add to the playlist -> Save

Don't forget to save the playlist.  Playlists are, by default, saved in a subfolder of userdata/playlists.  Once the playlist is created, it appears in /Music/Playlists and you can play it by clicking on it.  You can also move it to your Album folder and play it from there.
Far simpler would be to use File view select the Album folder and press Play.
(2018-02-03, 11:42)jjd-uk Wrote: Far simpler would be to use File view select the Album folder and press Play.
 Your way can only play one folder (one CD).  My way is to play multiple CD's continuously.
Nope my way everything in the Album folder get played even when there's subfolders for each CD, I use it all the time for new multi-disc compilation albums I've not yet added to the Library.
Just to make sure I'm clear, you highlight the Album folder name and select Play, you do not enter the album folder.
(2018-02-03, 11:58)jjd-uk Wrote: Just to make sure I'm clear, you highlight the Album folder name and select Play, you do not enter the album folder.

When click "Next", it does not play next track but next .ape in your way.
Ah sorry, you have the full CD ripped to a single ape file? missed that detail before as all my albums consist of individual files for each track.
Actually doing it my way may offer an alternative method of saving to Playlist, after pressing Play on Album folder name go to Now Playing/Current Playlist (wording varies according to skin used) on the side bar menu, then if all tracks are listed there is a Save option on the sidebar in the Now Playing view. Not sure if this will do what you want with how you have your Files, but just pointing it out as another possible method.
(2018-02-03, 12:54)jjd-uk Wrote: Actually doing it my way may offer an alternative method of saving to Playlist, after pressing Play on Album folder name go to Now Playing/Current Playlist (wording varies according to skin used) on the side bar menu, then if all tracks are listed there is a Save option on the sidebar in the Now Playing view. Not sure if this will do what you want with how you have your Files, but just pointing it out as another possible method.
 Yes, it works and is a quicker way to create a playlist for all CD's in an Album folder.
Sorry guys.  I just found out my way can only work for those .ape with embedded CUE info.

So, we still need to find a way to play multiple CD's.
I'm back.

I've found an alternative way to create a playlist containing tracks in multiple folders like the folder structure described in #1, but the procedure is kinda long.
Basically, you need to create playlists for each of the folders and join them together to make one playlist.  Hints: using Queue can join playlists.

But this is stupid, isn't it?  So, I will just play folders one by one, until some smart folks can come up with better ideas or update Kodi with this function.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Finally, I know how to play multi disc albums without retagging0