Android Loading m3u problem
Im trying to load a big m3u file (6772 channels).
With the last official KODI17.6 , kodi crashes.
I tried with a modded kodi : EBOX MEDIA CENTER for android 4.4.2 devices. But it loads only 852 channels .
(2018-02-03, 11:41)Sami_b Wrote: Im trying to load a big m3u file (6772 channels)
No legal list of tv channels is that large.
Every channel is available in sd , hd & full hd. That's why its so big
What's the source? i.e. where did you get it from?
If you think 7k channels is too big you may want to reconsider... Image
Is not the size, it's the legality. Same would apply in your case.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-04-06, 17:00)DarrenHill Wrote: Is not the size, it's the legality. Same would apply in your case.
 Agreed. The long and short of it is that, if the system has a massive list it can cause indigestion, lag and delay. It's just that this issue gets exponentially more pronounced as you go down the performance ladder from PC to Pi.
So anyone who has this problem should filter/edit/purge their list down to something manageable.
(2018-02-03, 11:41)Sami_b Wrote: Im trying to load a big m3u file (6772 channels).
With the last official KODI17.6 , kodi crashes.
I tried with a modded kodi : EBOX MEDIA CENTER for android 4.4.2 devices. But it loads only 852 channels .

i have the same issue from one week, do have any solution from this?? (my list was only 1800 channels and showme only 350 of them). the same list works in others devices (without simple client)
(2018-04-06, 17:16)turtlel0rd Wrote: It's just that this issue gets exponentially more pronounced as you go down the performance ladder from PC to Pi. 

hi,

I am a newbie so i might be talking bs, however, cosidering that there are programs out there capable of managing large amounts of m3u, I'd assume it's a matter of badly written code perhaps? Being a newbie does not allow me to fully understand the processes involved, however my understanding is that kodi tries to load the whole lot in a lump whereas it would probably wiser load it in chunks.

In itself 30k lines is nothing
In many cases, these massive lists are just stuff downloaded from the internet and full of pirated feeds which would violate our piracy policy (wiki) (and that mostly don't work anyway, or are very short lived). Legitimate providers will tend to provide more modest and stable lists of sources and channels that they are legally allowed to provide.

So the whole point becomes moot, as we have no interest at all in supporting people to violate our policy.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Loading m3u problem0