How can I get the built-in FTP server working?
I seem to be able to connect to the FTP server perfectly, but it doesn't list anything. Is there a way to change the xml config file for FileZilla to FTP paths working?
I don't know, but I would like to know scenario that you need ftp server on win32 machine.

DP
It dosn't work on anything but the xbox even the Linux and OSX version don't have working ftp servers so stop trying until the changelog says its working
err...are you sure? Maybe the FTP server doesn't function properly, but it's definitely running. Are you sure it's not just that config files need to be changed?

See below;

Also; the reason I am wondering this is that when XBMC Win is more stable, I plan to build a media center pc running Windows XP with XBMC as a shell replacement. That way it would boot straight into it making the underlying OS completely transparent.

If I do this it would make things much easier if I could just FTP files over. I know Samba doesn't work at all right now, so when I saw that page showing that I had connected to the FTP server I figured that could serve as an adequate replacement for now.
First: Samba works. See the posts in this forum.
Second: That xbmc is compiled with the ftp server doesn't mean that it works completely. It's not tested and as you see not fully working until we say it is.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I went a few pages in and am only seeing people say they can't get it working. Do I need to link to the share directly? Because smb:// is not displaying anything.
Putting the full share url in works of course.
One reported that filling in the default workgroup and user / pwd in the network settings helped to make smb:// work as expected.

One finding: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=180...stcount=59
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
CyruzDraxs Wrote:I went a few pages in and am only seeing people say they can't get it working. Do I need to link to the share directly? Because smb:// is not displaying anything.

my solution was to put in the IP (not the name) of the smb share machine... browse didn't work for me
Yeah, it seems that was the problem. It's working fine if I link directly to the Computer with the shares via //Network/Computer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I get the built-in FTP server working?0