Working on an Executor to replace Job* functionality
(2018-02-05, 21:11)takoi Wrote: Are you aware of this: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/54b1a2...ger.h#L127 ? It already replaces the simple case. You could add similar helper methods and wrapper classes that returns futures.
 Yes. I wanted to simplify the entire set of classes all together. There's currently CJob, CJobQueue, CJobManager, CJobWorker, CLambdaJob (more?). I wanted to replace all of the functionality with an easier to manage pattern for selecting how jobs get executed, one that's fairly well understood in other languages and will eventually be added to C++. Then implement it with a fixed thread pool.

This was basically prompted by the fact that it takes me a while to figure out problems every time I dive into the Job functionality. I assumed I'm not the only one. Maybe that's not true.

The std::future functionality might not even be necessary but it's what any new standard will support so I didn't want to neglect it.

I just updated the code. Currently the only implementation doesn't do any threading work. I was just trying to get the interface right.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Working on an Executor to replace Job* functionality - by jfcarroll - 2018-02-05, 21:25

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Working on an Executor to replace Job* functionality0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.