Xbox One + 2016 Server Shares + flexraid - NFS not working or other means?
I cant seem to find one solid guide online that works for accessing remote windows shares for within the x1 kodi version.

Seems to be limited to NFS.. if i try 3rd party nfs tools i cant seem to get them working, particularly because my server runs flexraid and the drive letter that represents everything cant seem to map to NFS
I tried the built in NFS for windows server and it definitely doesnt let you map an nfs mapping to a flexraid drive letter.

Is there an alternative to NFS for accessing smb shares on windows (server in my case)?

Will something work down the road?

Thanks in advance
Have you tried ftp ?
(2018-02-05, 20:07)Sidewinder_2011 Wrote: Have you tried ftp ?
 I havent, i assumed ftp wouldnt "stream" but rather transfer to the xbox.. unless it somehow invokes a stream then i guess it could be worth a shot?
you can stream from ftp. it's suboptimal as a streaming protocol but it works just fine on a lan. there's is no difference between streaming and a file transfer as such.
(2018-02-06, 14:23)spiff Wrote: you can stream from ftp. it's suboptimal as a streaming protocol but it works just fine on a lan. there's is no difference between streaming and a file transfer as such.
finally taking a look at this..I assume regular ftp is ok that is built into windows server 2016?  Or is it necessary to install something like "OpenSSH Server" to get other ftp options?
Regular ftp is fine
I gave this is a shot.. things seem to work well for tv shows and tested a few blurays..

Having an odd issue where under movies its not scraping properly at all, compared to my HTPC Kodi.. it shows like 4000 movies when i have a small fraction of that.. for some reason recursive might be scraping playlists files and other things under bluray structures (on the htpc i could modify an xml file to fix this, not sure on xbox if this is possible)..

The other thing is on 4k content.. if i try to play one of those it tells me the read rate is too low to stream or similar.. i dont have this issue aside from some stuttering (whole other 4k codec issue on the htpc i think) on the htpc.. i think the ftp protocol might be too slow for these perhaps, unsure

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One + 2016 Server Shares + flexraid - NFS not working or other means?0