The bald guy "Solo man" on Youtube
I Was browsing youtube for some Kodi inspiration. Dont get me wrong. I'm not in to the unsupported repo things.

Ofc. I ran into Solo mans disrespectful channel. He's like dedicating his life to promoting pirate addons for Kodi with instructions that even a 5-year old could follow. Direct threat to Kodi. But I guess a lot of you already knew that.
What made me pissed off today is that he (not only trying to destroy Kodi) basically tells people that Kodi sucks (not mentioning his favorite addons as a source to the problems). BUT! If a developer releases a new addon for pirate streaming he falls in love with Kodi again!

Good thing though is that he refers people to some thing called Stremio i think. I do hope he and his followers stay there.

I have many friends who cant understand why I love using Kodi so much.. Well guess how they are using it? So sad Sad

Now, I'm new to the forums, but have been using Kodi since I had it on my chipped XBOX. I have never been as pleased with Kodi as I am today.

Kodi is at it's best while using it as vanilla as possible imo. Only unsupported thing I use is Plexkodiconnect. Mainly because i love Kodi, but want my media on the go.

My goto-devices for Kodi are mainly Odroids and Raspberrys. LibreElec does a great job Smile

What do you think about this guy? I mean he is making youtube-dollars while giving other people a bad Kodi experience. Aren't there any ways for the Kodi team to make him stop?
(2018-02-06, 00:26)pwntato Wrote: What do you think about this guy? I mean he is making youtube-dollars while giving other people a bad Kodi experience. Aren't there any ways for the Kodi team to make him stop?
 Not really. He's not confusing people into believe he is us, so there's no trademark violation going. And he's arguably acting as a news source, which probably gives him some freedom of the press rights.

I'd love for him to disappear, but then I'd also love for Alex Jones, Info Wars, and Fox News to disappear, but that's not happening any time soon.

Ideally, the solution is to provide other voices that contradict him and show the right ways to use Kodi, but it's hard to convince people to get on Youtube to do that.
(2018-02-06, 00:26)pwntato Wrote: He's like dedicating his life to promoting pirate addons for Kodi
He's earning a shitload of cash from youtube hits, that's what he's doing, it's not a vendetta against Kodi. He will talk about any old crap as long as people watch it. Unfortunately, people do watch this garbage, maybe one day they will realise what utter nonsense the guy speaks. Until then I guess we are stuck with him and the rest of the morons on there.

Funnily enough I was browsing YouTube and saw a video from that other idiot Husham, who was telling everybody to buy Bitcoin! I watched the video and he clearly knew nothing about the financial markets either. I thought it was really poor that this guy was telling people to invest in something he knows nothing about, but these people are so shameless they will do anything for a few youtube hits Smile
You're absolutely right! It sure is frustrating!
(2018-02-06, 00:56)FXB78 Wrote:
(2018-02-06, 00:26)pwntato Wrote: He's like dedicating his life to promoting pirate addons for Kodi
He's earning a shitload of cash from youtube hits, that's what he's doing, it's not a vendetta against Kodi. He will talk about any old crap as long as people watch it. Unfortunately, people do watch this garbage, maybe one day they will realise what utter nonsense the guy speaks. Until then I guess we are stuck with him and the rest of the morons on there.

Funnily enough I was browsing YouTube and saw a video from that other idiot Husham, who was telling everybody to buy Bitcoin! I watched the video and he clearly knew nothing about the financial markets either. I thought it was really poor that this guy was telling people to invest in something he knows nothing about, but these people are so shameless they will do anything for a few youtube hits Smile 
 Ooooh haha! People taking financial advice from a youtuber!
And the is one small silver lining - without morons like that April 1st wouldn't be half as much fun... Rofl
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Ah yes it was the Baldy Man who made an "I told you so" video about Kodi after the April 1st wind-up last year, fell for it hook, line and sinker Big Grin
(2018-02-06, 01:07)FXB78 Wrote: Ah yes it was the Baldy Man who made an "I told you so" video about Kodi after the April 1st wind-up last year, fell for it hook, line and sinker Big Grin
 That was definitely a fun moment. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The bald guy "Solo man" on Youtube0