I cannot get audio or video with Kodi at home, but I can in SOME (not ALL) hotels.
I cannot get audio or video with Kodi at home, but I can in SOME (not ALL) hotels. 
How can I get it everywhere? Do I need to change settings? (Render Option is grayed out. I can't even access that one.)
Thanks
I am sorry, but I cannot picture what you are trying to do. Why would there be a difference between your hotel tv and your home tv. How are you connected? What are you watching? What is your equipment? What version Kodi? What are your sources?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
It doesn't make sense to me, either. Apparently different wireless networks do different things. 
It doesn't matter what I watch. Either everything is viewable or nothing is. (e.g. youtube)
I'm using Kodi on a new firestick. Kodi is v 17.1.
The Amazon content is viewable on all of the networks. 
I'm to the point of thinking I have to reinstall Kodi. It's completely puzzling to me.
Thanks.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
You answered 1 of the 5 questions previously asked. Our crystal ball is broken
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Sorry. I thought I did.
 =12pt=16.0ptWhy would there be a difference between your hotel tv and your home tv. I have no idea. It doesn't work in all hotels but it did work in at least one. =12pt=16.0pt How are you connected? I have a wireless connection and a signal booster connection. The connection could be the problem, I don't know, but I do get sound and video on the Amazon apps using the same connections. =12pt=16.0ptWhat are you watching? I can't watch anything (e.g. YouTube).  =12pt=16.0ptWhat is your equipment? Amazon firestick, new, purchased in December of 2017. What version Kodi? 17.1 I believe. =12pt=16.0ptWhat are your sources? YouTube is one of them. I can't recall any others at the moment. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks
No idea, but a log file never does any harm.
Do you think reinstalling Kodi would do the trick?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I cannot get audio or video with Kodi at home, but I can in SOME (not ALL) hotels.0