How to use SetProperty()?
Pretty simple question.

On the Estuary home menu, what is shown is dependent on this property.  I would like to override that ID 

<visible> String.IsEqual( Container(9000).ListItem.Property(id), STRINGHERE ) </visible>

I tried the following
Code:
Container(9000).ListItem.SetProperty(STRINGHERE,id)
Container(9000).SetProperty(STRINGHERE,id)

SetProperty(STRINGHERE,id,9000)
ListItem.SetProperty(STRINGHERE,id,9000)

Container(9000).ListItem.SetProperty(id,STRINGHERE)
Container(9000).SetProperty(id,STRINGHERE)

SetProperty(id,STRINGHERE,9000)
ListItem.SetProperty(id,STRINGHERE,9000)
Pretty simple, but I cannot get it working

Or is this property not override-able and is limited to what is focused within that fixedlist?
listitem properties are usually set by kodi (or an addon) internally and can not be overwritten.
the only exception would be a list with static content, were properties can be set within the <content> section for each <item>.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2018-02-06, 12:37)ronie Wrote: listitem properties are usually set by kodi (or an addon) internally and can not be overwritten.
the only exception would be a list with static content, were properties can be set within the <content> section for each <item>.
 I think I am within that exception.

It is a fixed list with static content fully defined/generated in the xml.  (Aka we are talking about Videos/TV Shows/Addons menu items in the fixedlist on the home screen)
The fixedlist id is the currently focused item (Aka Videos/Tv Shows/Addons) and it automatically updates every time the list scrolls to another item.

I would like to modify that fixedlist id directly.

As  a workaround I can use this

Control.SetFocus(9000, static_content_id_here)
SetFocus(current location)

But if I could change the ID directly, it would be cleaner compared to a double focus.

I was hoping the command was malformed.
ok you should be able to change the id for each menu item then
like here for movies: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...e.xml#L887
and repeat for the other items further down the list
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to use SetProperty()?0