Create second "Movies" node that will show on home screen?
Network HDD with 2 folders:
\ Movies English
\ Movies Russian

To not mix movies in different language into one node, I would like to have two nodes on homepage:
- Movies
- Movies Russian

So i don't get movies in different languages mixed up inside single "Movies" node.

Currently i don't see an option to make this happen.

Second question Currently when i add movies Video > Files > Add Videos then Set Content to "Movies" it goes inside "Movies" library and shows under "Movies" node on homepage.
Perhaps what i need is to split movies library into two different ones is this possible?
You can use smartplaylists to accomplish this by using the "country" as a rule (this will use the movie's metadata so you would need to make sure that complies with your location-sorting).
Alternatively you could filter by using "path" as a rule and have one list with only movies from the "Movies English"-folder and another list with only movies from the "Movies Russian"-folder.
Then use those smartplaylists as target for you homebuttons.
Quote:Then use those smartplaylists as target for you homebuttons.
How would i create homebuttons? 

Tried Settings > Skin Settings > Main Menu Items > Edit Categories
installed node editor add-on created new node however it does not show on home screen menu for default skin Estuary
it is described in the Wiki: https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2018-02-07, 21:28)Solo0815 Wrote: it is described in the Wiki: https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists
 Smartplaylists part is clear, but i cannot create home buttons .
Try this recently written guide... https://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_home_items

It is based on Aeon Nox, but the steps should be the same
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-02-07, 22:08)Karellen Wrote: Try this recently written guide... https://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_home_items

It is based on Aeon Nox, but the steps should be the same
Thx
Quote:The first requirement for custom home items is using a skin that supports such customization. Most third party skins that can be downloaded from the Official Kodi Repository, or their Mod versions from the Kodi Forum, have some form of support for this. However, Kodi's default skins (previously Confluence for v16 and prior, and now Estuary for v17 and up) do not have home screen customization options.
this will not add another menu but add a line to the widget list
create smart play list
you need to find where it is saved (search for file name and copy in to skin folder playlists)

now edit home.xml
find 
<include content="WidgetListCategories" condition="Library.HasContent(movies) + !Skin.HasSetting(home_no_categories_widget)">
                            <param name="content_path" value="library://video/movies/"/>
                            <param name="widget_header" value="$LOCALIZE[31148]"/>
                            <param name="widget_target" value="videos"/>
                            <param name="list_id" value="5900"/>
                        </include>
now copy and paste this you can add this anywhere in the "Library.HasContent(movies)
  <include content="WidgetListPoster" condition="Library.HasContent(movies)">
                            <param name="content_path" value="special://skin/playlists/carry_on_ultimate_collection.xsp"/>
                            <param name="widget_header" value="CARRY ON"/>
                            <param name="widget_target" value="videos"/>
                            <param name="list_id" value="5402"/>
                        </include>
the name of your file will replace "carry_on_ultimate_collection.xsp"

the playlist file
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>CARRY ON</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="title" operator="contains">
        <value>CARRY ON</value>
    <limit>50</limit>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

now edit Includes_Home.xml
<content sortby="$PARAM[sortby]" sortorder="$PARAM[sortorder]" target="$PARAM[widget_target]" limit="150">$PARAM[content_path]</content>
change to the number of movies  i put limit="150" as a test

Its okay i switched to Aeon Nox i like it better anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Create second "Movies" node that will show on home screen?0