AdvancedSettings.xml For Xbox One
Anyone know how to get an AdvancedSettings.xml into Kodi on the Xbox One?
Nobody??
Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-02-08, 08:43)Karellen Wrote: Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping

Sorry about that. Now I know the policy. Thanks.
easiest is likely to use the kodi filemanager.
(2018-02-08, 09:18)spiff Wrote: easiest is likely to use the kodi filemanager.

Thru USB or NFS??
No matter, everything you can add in filemanager will work.

Notice that some sources (SFTP, probably also FTP) are read only, so you can copy only in one direction.
(2018-02-08, 21:43)maker3 Wrote: No matter, everything you can add in filemanager will work.

Notice that some sources (SFTP, probably also FTP) are read only, so you can copy only in one direction.

I copied my XML file to a thumbdrive and plugged it into my Xbox One. Kodi detects the drive as "Drive D:" but when I select it, it opens up and does not show the XML file as being on it. Like it's an empty drive.

I unplug the drive and stick it back in my PC and open it up........BAM!! It's on the drive!! Unplug again, and back to the Xbox........ Nothing.

Looking like I'm just not meant to get one on the Xbox One version.
Only media files are visible from a USB drive so it would need to be copied from a network location added to File Manager.
I had asked about that earlier and was told it didn't matter. Thanks for the new info. I'll get back to it now.
Make AdvancedSettings.xml on pc , then rename it to AdvancedSettings.mp3, accept about file extensions. Copy to USB, plug into xbox and use file manager to copy AdvancedSettings.mp3 to the correct location. Then use file manager to rename it back to AdvancedSettings.xml

Does that work?
(2018-02-09, 02:32)Sidewinder_2011 Wrote: Make AdvancedSettings.xml on pc , then rename it to AdvancedSettings.mp3, accept about file extensions. Copy to USB, plug into xbox and use file manager to copy AdvancedSettings.mp3 to the correct location. Then use file manager to rename it back to AdvancedSettings.xml

Does that work?

I don't know, but I can give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.
(2018-02-09, 02:32)Sidewinder_2011 Wrote: Make AdvancedSettings.xml on pc , then rename it to AdvancedSettings.mp3, accept about file extensions. Copy to USB, plug into xbox and use file manager to copy AdvancedSettings.mp3 to the correct location. Then use file manager to rename it back to AdvancedSettings.xml

Does that work?
 I can confirm that it worked. Gave me a bug when copying two files at the same time. Then moved one by one, renamed them from .xml.mp3 to .xml and it's working fine! Thanks for the tip Smile
Could anyway tell me what the right location for "advancedsettings.xml" is on xbox one?
Have a look into the log file, there you'll see to which real path special://profile is mapped. The advancedsettings.xml is loaded from that directory.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AdvancedSettings.xml For Xbox One0