Solved Raspberry Pi B first generation - OpenElec no longer boots up
My RPi B no longer starts up. I do get the OpenElec splash screen but then just a black screen. I tried a different power source and also removing the WIFI and BT keyboard dongles.
I do see a yellow light flicker by the red power light like there is some traffic.
I am writing this from work so I don't have access at present.
Where do I start to troubleshoot this?

Thank you for your input.

LP
OpenELEC is all but a dead project.  I think I am right in saying it hasn't been updated in 10 months.  I would try swapping to LibreELEC as a first step.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Thanks, I will look at that. I am using an old build of OpenElec anyway. My preference is getting my current system up and running again.
I am connecting to multiple video shares and in the middle of several multi-episode viewings. I don't wish to regen everything if I can avoid it.
Why not clone or at least backup your SD card? That way if things fail you can just roll back to where you started and all you've lost its a little time?

LE should take all the existing settings etc from the OE install though.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Please be careful, if the OE installation is too old. It's perfectly fine to migrate to LE from OE 8.0.4. Older versions of OE might cause problems after/during migration. For everything older than OE 8.0.4 LibreELEC recommends to do do a fresh install.
Thank you. My OE is 6.x. I will have time this weekend to work on this and figure out what is the best way to proceed. I should have a different SD card somewhere I could load the LE on and take it for a spin.
(2018-02-09, 17:00)lespaul Wrote: Thank you. My OE is 6.x. I will have time this weekend to work on this and figure out what is the best way to proceed. I should have a different SD card somewhere I could load the LE on and take it for a spin.
 I'd really consider ditching OE 6.x that is stupidly old.
agree

There should be more than a single thing which shouldn't work as expected with that old version. Please don't try to migrate from that version. It might fail. If you try, I highly recommend making backups before.
To follow up, it turned out the SD card itself was corrupted. I did install LE and spent a lot of time this weekend setting up my media database.

I was using the old 6.x version because it worked. This is a media player, not a hobby for me.

Thank you to all who responded.
(2018-02-12, 17:28)lespaul Wrote: To follow up, it turned out the SD card itself was corrupted. I did install LE and spent a lot of time this weekend setting up my media database.

I was using the old 6.x version because it worked. This is a media player, not a hobby for me.

Thank you to all who responded.
 I glad you got it working.  On the point of upgrading, Kodi has come a long way since version 15 and it makes sense to keep software up to date.
Thread marked solved.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi B first generation - OpenElec no longer boots up0