Find identical movie duplicates?
Is there a way to find (identical, by bit) movie duplicates?
Windows 10 Home, 64bit | Newest stable Kodi in portable mode
(2018-02-09, 08:54)Boyzie Wrote: (identical, by bit)
I'm guessing you would have to create some type of hash value of the video files. Such a function is not available in core Kodi. Perhaps an addon could perform that task.

The Kodi databases also do not provide for such functionality. Creating those values is a time consuming (cpu straining) effort. i doubt this is wishful on the low-powered devices running Kodi having to do an entire movie and tvshow collection.

How about just naming your videos correctly, that way it can be a lot easier to find identical videos in different sources/folders? Smile
Useful pages: Debug log (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki)
Yes, a very great idea, but they should be named correctly.

May be there is a way to find identical movies by name (or / and size) only.

Yes, in Kodi there is not such an option, I assume, may be something like that is available in tMM.
Oh crap... I'm still sleepy, I hadn't noticed the TinyMediaManager subforum. (And I blame the Kodi forum RSS feed Tongue )
Useful pages: Debug log (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki)
This is a possibility via the commandline in Linux: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1008...e-the-same
Thank you very much for the link. I am on Windows 10 unfortunately.

Yes, finding identical movies (there are a lot of programs which can do it) can be done very easily (but time-consuming), but finding them with tMM would / could be much more easier, I guess. The same with series / missing espisodes.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Find identical movie duplicates?00