Find identical movie duplicates?
Is there a way to find (identical, by bit) movie duplicates?
Windows 10 Home, 64bit | Newest stable Kodi in portable mode
(2018-02-09, 08:54)Boyzie Wrote: (identical, by bit)
I'm guessing you would have to create some type of hash value of the video files. Such a function is not available in core Kodi. Perhaps an addon could perform that task.

The Kodi databases also do not provide for such functionality. Creating those values is a time consuming (cpu straining) effort. i doubt this is wishful on the low-powered devices running Kodi having to do an entire movie and tvshow collection.

How about just naming your videos correctly, that way it can be a lot easier to find identical videos in different sources/folders? Smile
Yes, a very great idea, but they should be named correctly.

May be there is a way to find identical movies by name (or / and size) only.

Yes, in Kodi there is not such an option, I assume, may be something like that is available in tMM.
Oh crap... I'm still sleepy, I hadn't noticed the TinyMediaManager subforum. (And I blame the Kodi forum RSS feed Tongue )
This is a possibility via the commandline in Linux: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1008...e-the-same
Thank you very much for the link. I am on Windows 10 unfortunately.

Yes, finding identical movies (there are a lot of programs which can do it) can be done very easily (but time-consuming), but finding them with tMM would / could be much more easier, I guess. The same with series / missing espisodes.
(2018-02-09, 10:07)Boyzie Wrote: Thank you very much for the link. I am on Windows 10 unfortunately.

Digging up an old thread here, but I use an app from the MS store called Duplicates Cleaner believe it or not. Found here.
Alright, many thanks for the link!
. I am on Windows 10 unfortunately
you are in luck search movies identical, by bit will be the same size sort by size

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Find identical movie duplicates?0