Bug KODI 17/18 + Sony Android TV + HDR10 Content = Grey Bars
Also check which one "feels" faster when navigating through the menus. I will post another version in some minutes that I think has the "minimal" set with the most speed "keeping" variant.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-01-09, 23:12)fritsch Wrote: Also check which one "feels" faster when navigating through the menus. I will post another version in some minutes that I think has the "minimal" set with the most speed "keeping" variant.
 Package b have also black bars Smile and looks a little bit faster but it is only a feeling.

Sadly in both versions. The replay function plays only audio no video (Black Screen). But if i replay a HD Video all is normal

PS: The Start Screen of kodi leia looks very nice on an oled tv Big Grin
And here is version 3: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2019-01-09, 23:36)Mytril Wrote:
(2019-01-09, 23:12)fritsch Wrote: Also check which one "feels" faster when navigating through the menus. I will post another version in some minutes that I think has the "minimal" set with the most speed "keeping" variant.
 Package b have also black bars Smile and looks a little bit faster but it is only a feeling.

Sadly in both versions. The replay function plays only audio no video (Black Screen). But if i replay a HD Video all is normal 

Always make sure that this is not an issue with "the normal" version 100% first. I don't feel like fixing entire Sony world ... therefore, if new issues appear: Debug Log is mandatory.
everything worked fine on trans, but i found trans 2 to be a tad laggy/slow but trans 3 for me works pretty well everything is just as snappy as it was with the darn grey bars.....so im very happy with trans3
(2019-01-10, 00:05)mossopinc Wrote: everything worked fine on trans, but i found trans 2 to be a tad laggy/slow but trans 3 for me works pretty well everything is just as snappy as it was with the darn grey bars.....so im very happy with trans3
 On my tv kd55af8 all three packages work in real time and with black bars.
(2019-01-09, 23:46)fritsch Wrote: And here is version 3: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk

You did it man. I tried version 3 and it works flawlessly. Thank you so much.

Now my last wish is to have the overly bright subtitles in HDR fixed. I’m sure it is another Sony bug since it does not happen on my Mi Box.

Currently there is only one work around, which is using srt or embedded subtitle and change the font color to grey. No way to fix ass subtitle.
See: I am a Linux dev ;-) doing a bit of Android cause I love human beings that bought the wrong brand ;-) - Never forget Sony killed Linux of the PS3 - let's do it that way: I fixed the first 50% - you fix the other 50%?
KD-XF9005 here. Same problem - grey bars after upgrade to 18.0 RC4 from 17.
I tried version 3 and it works. Maybe it's little slower, but no black bars. Thanks!
Does the replay function work on your sony?
(2019-01-10, 11:47)fritsch Wrote: See: I am a Linux dev ;-) doing a bit of Android cause I love human beings that bought the wrong brand ;-) - Never forget Sony killed Linux of the PS3 - let's do it that way: I fixed the first 50% - you fix the other 50%?
 Thanks for the extra time and effort you put in this, I'm sure there are many Sony owners lurking here like me who appreciate it.
Quote: If your curious, the "fix" was to set the background of the screen to transparent instead of black, there was nothing wrong with the HDR data or anything specific to playback of HDR content. It's definitely a hardware issue or something in the Android OS provided by Sony as it should only be applying the HDR data to the video and has no reason to change the black bars to grey, but we will be rolling out this fix in the next release.
BTW... in HDR mode, i.e. when playing back HDR content, there is a considerable color-shift in the OSD. I think that non-video isn't properly tone-mapped or something.
Just tried the v3 mod and no more grey bars. I'm getting "dependency on xbmc.gui 5.12.0 could not be satisfied" when trying to install skins. Resume play still not working properly either.
Has anyone tried the new version of Android now that Sony released it?

Did they fix this bug?
Quote: Did they fix this bug?
No. Kodi18's workaround still works though.

I however did find a change in Oreo with respect to HDR handling. When some HDR content is played back and HDR mode is engaged, the TV switches back to SDR mode as soon as a fullscreen UI element (e.g. Kodi home) is displayed, resulting in correct colors.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI 17/18 + Sony Android TV + HDR10 Content = Grey Bars2