Video slow down issue
Hello,

When I play videos (talking about files on my hard drive, not streams) on my Macbook they are fine, and are also playing fine when I play them on a TV that's connected to my Macbook via HDMI, however when I play files on a TV connected to my Macbook via HDMI when using Kodi, every 10 minutes or so the video will slow down (with sound still playing fine) for about 10 seconds, then the video will speed up and catch up to where the sound is, like I said it only happens when playing videos through Kodi on the tv...i've tried all variations of the Kodi settings, turning off acceleration, tinkering with the synching settngs etc etc....any suggestions? thanks!

Debug log here: https://pastebin.com/uJDiRHH0
Please read your own post again. It basically says - when playing files on a MacBook connected to a tv via hdmi it works fine

But

when playing files on a MacBook connected to a tv via hdmi it doesn’t
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi,

No, YOU please read my post again lol Smile

​​​​​​"When I play videos (talking about files on my hard drive, not streams) on my Macbook they are fine, and are also playing fine when I play them on a TV that's connected to my Macbook via HDMI, however when I play files on a TV connected to my Macbook via HDMI when using Kodi......."
Sorry i might be to dump to get the difference... - now i got it
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
It looks like you have hardware video decoding disabled in kodi.
No worries!

Hmm no, hardware decoding was on at the time of the log?
Then the video is not compatible with the hw decoder - any reason why you use kodi 14.0? Maybe a newer version might be able to utilise the hardware decoder
I have to use this version as I have the old white Macbook, and this is the latest version of Kodi it will allow me to use unfortunately...but I don't understand why that is the issue if I can play videos fine through VLC? surely the issue would happen across the board right if it was my old Mac? it seems something specific to Kodi to me.
And my post didn‘t imply anything else did it?
I think you should be able to run Kodi 16.1 (Jarvis) on that machine. Everymac reports that you can run up to Lion (OSX 10.7.5) on the hardware you have. The newer code in Jarvis might be able to improve playback. At least it will be a 2 year newer version of Kodi than you're currently running. (And you're probably not running a 4 year old version of VLC?) Not sure how much help the Intel GMA X3100 is going to get though. Remember, this hardware is going on 10 years old this month.
I suggest to install OS X 10.7.5 on an external drive for testing - as I am not sure if the gma x3100 will work at all with kodi ...
Thanks for the suggestion, just tried to install 16.1 and it says my machine is too old! my Mac is OS X 10.6.8....it's not looking promising is it....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video slow down issue0