HDHR4-2us and KODI HRHR PVR
Hi

I have a few HDHR4-2US connects  Working In WMC. Default Firmware 20160411
I have been using KODI 17.6 more and more and Setup the HDHR PVR Client (Zoltan 2.4.7) and it works fine for watching TV.

But all i can do is pause live TV.
I can not buffer and rewind/replay or record anything.

I do not have the SD DVR service at this time.

Is this all that can be done without the DVR service or do i have other options to get PVR features, or is other software or settings needed.
What is everyone else doing with this hardware in KODI?

Any help is appreciated.
You can use a backend server like tvheadend which should be quite easy to setup if you're already running libreelec and you gain recording and timeshifting
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I Am running Window 7.

I have read about TVheadend many time but never seemed like it would work for my setup.
ServerWMC is what you want. It will use your Media Center tuner config + guide data.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=193310
Thank You,
I have avoided this software (ServerWMC) for some time now thinking it was going be be to much over head, but it works good only using 1% or less CPU.
I now can rewind the current Live TV, i can see my WMC recordings and i have a Record button OSD now.

I installed it on one of my HTPC's

Now i wonder if it is best to install it on each/both HTPC's or just once on my PLEX server which also has WMC but i don't use it for TV would just have to clean up its WMC channel list.
Is it better to only have one install of ServerWMC or is it no problem to have it installed on each HTPC and just connect locally at each.

Right now i record all TV shows on WMC scheduler  and store the recording at each HTPC Hard drive, Each WMC can see recording from the other WMC.
Have not cut over to just KODI yet, but looks like i can now as i could schedule to record shows in KODI with WMC server interface. I will use it for a while before it try that.
(2018-02-11, 02:34)Rainey222 Wrote: Now i wonder if it is best to install it on each/both HTPC's or just once on my PLEX server which also has WMC but i don't use it for TV would just have to clean up its WMC channel list.
Is it better to only have one install of ServerWMC or is it no problem to have it installed on each HTPC and just connect locally at each.

Right now i record all TV shows on WMC scheduler  and store the recording at each HTPC Hard drive, Each WMC can see recording from the other WMC.
Have not cut over to just KODI yet, but looks like i can now as i could schedule to record shows in KODI with WMC server interface. I will use it for a while before it try that.
 I have it installed on one server only where Plex runs as well without a problem. Keep it on one server and this way only one service is managing the attached tunner and the recording schedule so that you can see and avoid recording conflicts. This also gives a single point of configuration for which channels are listed in your guide and your channel groups. For example, my provider offers three options for the same channel 2 SD sources, 1 HD. Windows Media Center lets me disable the channels I don't want or don't have access to and they are not seen by the clients.
You can also disable channels in the HDHR4-2US tuner.  That's done by connecting to the device on port 80, click in "Channel Lineup" and click the little star.  Two clicks disables the channel and displays a red X.

This is one feature that the HDHR3-2US lacks.
(2018-02-12, 03:32)MatthewLundberg Wrote: You can also disable channels in the HDHR4-2US tuner.  That's done by connecting to the device on port 80, click in "Channel Lineup" and click the little star.  Two clicks disables the channel and displays a red X.

IIRC that flag doesn't get recognized by Windows Media Center.
(2018-02-12, 05:12)drpizznock Wrote:
(2018-02-12, 03:32)MatthewLundberg Wrote: You can also disable channels in the HDHR4-2US tuner.  That's done by connecting to the device on port 80, click in "Channel Lineup" and click the little star.  Two clicks disables the channel and displays a red X.

IIRC that flag doesn't get recognized by Windows Media Center. 
 Oh, that could be the case.  I'm letting WMC use HDHR3-US tuners which lack that ability.

Yes i have done this. Many times.

I out in the sticks, and many of the channels have had a lot of changes over the last year, moving around and such.
Lately it seem many channels are have trouble staying on air, signal gone for weeks or months, they come in from 4 different directions.
Snow is not helping some time it stacks up on the antenna along with ice. 30 feet in the air had to clean.
Channel were getting removed from the SD Kodi App and then would come back. THe SD Kodi app had a good guide info.
WMC had a few channels with wrong or no data for over a year and they just finally correct it thank god.

Us old timers still holding on to WMC as it still works good even after a decade of no support or dev.

I have got thing working good now in KODI i can launch the other programs i use once in a while right from KODI.
So some final tweaks to record everything from KODI is all that is left.

Thanks Guys
for all the help, this is what i have been look to do for some time now.
SD's recorder has a few advantages to WMC:

It will record two programs back-to-back on the same channel, including padding before and after each, using one tuner.  It does this by writing the overlapped part of the stream to both files.
It does not rely on the system clock being accurate.
For serial programs, it records the season and episode number in the recorded file name.  I don't know if you can configure it to record the episode name (or anything else about the recorded file name).
It uses a standard TS container.
The guide data is more accurate, and SD is responsive to guide errors.

WMC also has advantages as well:

SD requires internet connectivity to record a program, as it is cloud-based.  WMC will record it if your guide knows about it, even if the internet is down at the time.  Who knows if WMC phones home with your recording data, but SD certainly does.
You can configure the recorded file name with a registry value, and the episode name is available.  I don't think you can encode the season/episode numbers in the file name.
It's free if you have Windows 7.  But who knows how long the guide will be supported.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHR4-2us and KODI HRHR PVR0