how stable is V18 music
Dave,

just seen the post about v18 on front page of kodi site, how stable would you say V18 was for music playing, I only really use Kodi for music and mainly party mode, any reason why I should not switch over a nightly version.

quite happy to remove existing database if it is advisable to do so
If by "stable" you mean unlikely to fail or do something horrible, then I would say very, very stable. It is simply better than Krypton, so do try using it. Smile

But I hope more improvements and new features will be coming in Leia, so it is not locked down and unchanging kind of "stable".
Party mode has not changed though, so maybe you won't notice what I have been working on so hard Tongue

No need to remove db, it will migrate OK. And rescanning is easily availble option in v18 too, that will pick up an new tag processing if you want (I really can't remember if there is any, or what at this moment on a Sunday night, I have been looking at Leia for so long I forget what is new).

But of course I recommend either using portable mode, or certainly taking a backup of all your Kodi files so you have an easy way back to v17 should it been needed.
Thanks Dave I'll update then, I've been sitting waiting for alphas to appear, but sounds if its ready for use now for music
Yes the team are taking care over what gets merged, using test builds first for bigger changes, and generally trying hard to ensure that the nightlies work. Of course the odd boo-boo sneaks in, but the more people using it the quicker those are spotted and fixed.

Every nightly is a little different to the one the day before, but often in ways that the user would not notice. It does help if users keep a tollerant and patient attitude though, and report anything odd as clearly and with as much information as they can. There is nothing as irritating to devs than a demanding "why haven't you done this yet?" or "why have you done this?".
Installed and seems fine so far
Dave, 

as you'll know seeing you coded it, I can confirm the issue discussed here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=321704

where I had "prefer local info" set but I also had "fetch additional info" set is fixed, thanks for that
(2018-02-11, 19:54)tkgafs Wrote: Dave,

just seen the post about v18 on front page of kodi site, how stable would you say V18 was for music playing, I only really use Kodi for music and mainly party mode, any reason why I should not switch over a nightly version.

How stable was Krypton for you?  I'm curious since I get crashes all the time on my FireTV 4K when starting a new track.  On average, maybe every 4-10 songs it will crash right when the next track is supposed to start.  And this is playing MP4s from an SD Card, not even over the network.  I can upgrade my upstairs music/TV system to Leia since it uses the official version of KODI, but my home theater version will be stuck on Krypton for some time since there is no more raw DTS "shitty" versions to replace it (don't want to lose DTS support on that system) so until I get newer playback hardware that one is pretty much stuck with it.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
(2018-02-20, 20:04)VonMagnum Wrote:
(2018-02-11, 19:54)tkgafs Wrote: Dave,

How stable was Krypton for you?  I'm curious since I get crashes all the time on my FireTV 4K when starting a new track.  On average, maybe every 4-10 songs it will crash right when the next track is supposed to start.  And this is playing MP4s from an SD Card, not even over the network.  I can upgrade my upstairs music/TV system to Leia since it uses the official version of KODI, but my home theater version will be stuck on Krypton for some time since there is no more raw DTS "shitty" versions to replace it (don't want to lose DTS support on that system) so until I get newer playback hardware that one is pretty much stuck with it. 
V17 was very stable for me, only 1 issue which I have had for years is that occasionally a track just stops and the next track starts playing, it has all the symptoms of some pressing next track on the remote, I can go and specifically play the two tracks again and all will be well, i have checked all the tags etc and never found any problems, I have also never managed to catch the occurrence in a debug log, so just simply accept it now. It has been happening since at least version 14 or perhaps even earlier.

So far V18 seems just as stable apart from the issue above (which has been in the background for years and is very random and rare), it just works for me. I am using windows 10 64bit on a liitle Zotac silent system

Dave is to be congratulated on all the work he has done on improving the music library to the point its at now
Yes been using v18 nightlies for a number of months on my living room setups and its working flawlessly.

Dave has taken a steady approach to adding and fixing things at the same time which has been hugely welcome.

Now i'm really looking forward to the artwork improvements coming up!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how stable is V18 music0