Remote "forgets" connection to kodi box
Hey everyone - 

Having an odd problem with my bluetooth remote. It works perfectly when plugged in with no settings tweaks, however after the computer is left for a time (call it a few hours), the kodi controls no longer work. IR controls still work just fine so it's as if the computer "forgets" the config or something. Unplugging and plugging in the USB dongle fixes it.

My theory was originally that sleep settings were disrupting connection so I have:
1) Installed caffeine to keep computer awake
2) Changed power settings to never sleep

... the issue still occurs. 

This is my remote: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N...UTF8&psc=1

Anyone have any kodi/computer settings ideas?

Thanks in advance!
I notice it attaches via a USB Dongle. Maybe go to the Device Manager and there should be a setting... "let Windows put this to sleep" or something similar to that. Disable it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
ah! great, thanks. good idea. I did find some things in there for which I was able to uncheck that option. I'll see if it's worked in the AM!

Will report back.
Well. no dice. Remote still doesn't work in the morning without plugging/unplugging. Anyone have any other thoughts?
bump! hoping to play with this again today. appreciate any help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote "forgets" connection to kodi box0