Release CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)
(2018-02-13, 04:59)micahg Wrote: OK,

Let me get the rest of the functionality built in then.

I thought there was no process for someone to take over maintainership of an existing addon, but if the repo maintainers will let us, then great.
 I merely made a suggestion if you intend to submit to the kodi.org repo. In general, duplicate add-ons are not accepted.
There are tens of thousands of installs of the existing cbc.ca addon, which is currently marked as broken, that will come back to life with a new update.
The CBC news add-on was a compromise as most CBC users wanted either news or sports. MetalChris until recently was maintaining a CBC sports add-on.

There is a kinda unwritten process to takeover an add-on which involves requesting the original author and waiting a reasonable period of time.
I personally don't see a problem as I'm both the original add-on author and one of the add-on repo maintainers for kodi.org.

You can find a list of add-ons I maintain here:
https://kodi.tv/addons/browse?keyword=&c...=title+ASC

I have a number of other Canadian add-ons which I would be happy to pass on as well. It used to be easy to maintain them, not so easy now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) - by learningit - 2018-02-13, 17:15
RE: [Release] CBC.ca News - by kodaksmith - 2019-11-04, 18:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)1