• 3(current)
Release CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)
Alright -- I've submitted the PR against the Isengard branch. @learningit, I hope you don't mind that I dropped your name.
'Just a heads up that the latest "Canadian Broadcasting Corp (CBC)" version 4.0.0 video add-on is now available in the official Kodi repositories.  Big Grin

I was able to update to the latest version and in my testing this worked on Kodi Krypton (17.3) and Jarvis (16.1).  It does not appear to work on the older Kodi 15.2, but I guess this is to be expected as Kodi Isengard (15.x) is at least two major versions old.
Yes, its true.

Now, if we could all just convince the CBC to provide online quality similar to what they give OTA or on cable. 1080p at 60hz would be nice, but I'd even settle for 720 at 60hz.

Maybe if we all drop them a line they'll consider increasing the quality.
All works perfectly, picture looks fine to me and very stable. Thanks for this.
IDK, when I compare HNIC on CBC against HNIC on gamecenter, you can see the difference.
(2018-03-05, 19:32)kodaksmith Wrote: 'Just a heads up that the latest "Canadian Broadcasting Corp (CBC)" version 4.0.0 video add-on is now available in the official Kodi repositories.  Big Grin

I was able to update to the latest version and in my testing this worked on Kodi Krypton (17.3) and Jarvis (16.1).  It does not appear to work on the older Kodi 15.2, but I guess this is to be expected as Kodi Isengard (15.x) is at least two major versions old.
 Greetings kodak,

I was wondering if you also tested the "Shows" section (on your Kodi 16.1 system) and if so, what hardware are you running on?

I installed "Canadian Broadcasting Corp (CBC)" Version 4.0.0 on my RPi3 (Raspberry Pi 3) running Kodi 16.1 (LibreELEC 7.0.3) and found that any Episode selected (in any Show) does not appear to have an associated audio stream (the video plays perfectly in HD/720p, but without sound).

Streams in the "Live Channels/Programs" section play perfectly (audio and video).

Thanks.
Good discovery @mentat regarding lack of audio in shows on Kodi 16.1.

Much of my testing has been on Raspberry Pi 2/3.  I do not have speakers in my monitor so I have my Raspberry Pi configured to output audio through the 3.5mm audio/video jack.  Video is via HDMI.

With OpenELEC 8.0.4 (Kodi 17.3) both video and audio work in shows (E.g., Murdoch Mysteries)

With OpenELEC 7.0.1 (Kodi 16.1) video works, but there is no audio in shows.
I had not noticed this before as the audio volume via the 3.5mm jack is very low -- needs volume amplification in Kodi which I set manually each time I actually watch a show, but had missed changing this setting while testing.

With OpenELEC 6.0.3 (Kodi 15.2) neither video nor audio works.  In fact the add-on doesn't even get to the initial display menu or "Live Channels", "Live Programs", and "Shows".

Based on this it would appear that the add-on only works 100% for Kodi 17.3 (Krypton).
I'm not totally shocked. Their hls streams have tags I've not seen before. I wouldn't be totally shocked if the ffmpeg lib in those older Kodi releases can't handle it.
(2018-03-06, 21:59)kodaksmith Wrote: Good discovery @mentat regarding lack of audio in shows on Kodi 16.1.

Much of my testing has been on Raspberry Pi 2/3.  I do not have speakers in my monitor so I have my Raspberry Pi configured to output audio through the 3.5mm audio/video jack.  Video is via HDMI.

With OpenELEC 8.0.4 (Kodi 17.3) both video and audio work in shows (E.g., Murdoch Mysteries)

With OpenELEC 7.0.1 (Kodi 16.1) video works, but there is no audio in shows.
I had not noticed this before as the audio volume via the 3.5mm jack is very low -- needs volume amplification in Kodi which I set manually each time I actually watch a show, but had missed changing this setting while testing.

With OpenELEC 6.0.3 (Kodi 15.2) neither video nor audio works.  In fact the add-on doesn't even get to the initial display menu or "Live Channels", "Live Programs", and "Shows".

Based on this it would appear that the add-on only works 100% for Kodi 17.3 (Krypton).
 I appreciate your additional testing and confirmation.

Thanks.
Thanks @micahg for the suggestion that the problem might be with older ffmpeg.  I guess a person could try upgrading just ffmpeg and test to see if it works.  For myself I'm happy to just update to the latest Kodi Krypton / OpenELEC so that I can use this wonderful add-on on my Raspberry Pi.  :-)
(2018-03-06, 22:07)micahg Wrote: I'm not totally shocked. Their hls streams have tags I've not seen before. I wouldn't be totally shocked if the ffmpeg lib in those older Kodi releases can't handle it.
 I can live with Krypton (Kodi 17) on the RPi3, however, I would prefer to keep my RPi2 on Jarvis (Kodi 16) as it just runs better/faster on the older/slower hardware device.

Please let me (us) know if there is anything that could be tried/tested to restore audio to "Show" playback (Support for this add-on under Kodi 16 (Jarvis) would be really nice).

Thanks.
nice work...!!!

any chance on getting CTVGO and GlobalGO  (even with authentication option) addon@[s]

:o)
It could be done, but I don't have the time.

CTV is probably using the same widevine DRM as tsn, which doesn't work with inputstream.adaptive yet.

Short answer: not by me.
Micahg,

HGTV CA has been down for quite a while, any chance you could look at it?
Wife really misses it.

Thanks
Micahg, given all the effort you have obviously put into this I hesitate to add to the list of people who want you do do more, but here goes.
If we could access paid content, particularly CBC News Network, this thing would be perfect (not that it's not excellent now, don't get me wrong). If this is doable it would be MUCH appreciated!
Thanks!
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)1