Release CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)
(2018-05-01, 20:08)WildPhydeaux Wrote: 1. Some material from CBC requires an account (unknown if free or paid account is different, other than commercials) and some material does not.

Yeah, that I confirm 100% -- thats how the website works. Right now if you don't have an account you can't watch everything. In future, I suspect in the future they might try to force people to pay for access to the complete catalogue.
(2018-05-01, 20:08)WildPhydeaux Wrote: 2.The issue I'm having with the CBC Addon is likely unrelated to the platform I'm running it on and more to do with something LAN related, although I was able to view a couple videos successfully a couple days ago.

So, any ideas of where to look? It's a pretty simple LAN, nothing very elaborate, all clients are a wired except mobile phone. I have reasonable bandwidth and very little utilizing it. I guess the obvious place to start is the router. Are there any specific requirements to look for there?

I'm still not convinced here -- the HLS streams seem to die on you -- the addon is doing its job and passing the stream location to Kodi, who then passes it over to FFMPEG... The whole way FFMPEG probes every single HLS bitrate isn't great anyway and really slows down playback -- it doesn't even switch between bitrates after probing, so we get nothing for it. I might try adding manual bitrate selection to see if that helps. I think I'm also having issues state in the settings.xml, which might be where some of the other complications are coming from -- I'll switch to back to my normal routing of a separate settings json file to store app state (eg: tokens, auth state).

I'll try and get some work done this weekend.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) - by micahg - 2018-05-03, 14:28
RE: [Release] CBC.ca News - by kodaksmith - 2019-11-04, 18:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)1