Shows not on thetvdb.com not adding even though named correctly
Example- Persona - Trinity Soul series is on thetvdb.com and I have named the episodes "Persona - Trinity Soul - 1x01 - Special A Latency" and the folder named "Persona Trinity Soul".  I used FileBot and selected thetvdb to rename and have thetvdb selected as the scraper. Why is it not adding?

I collect a lot of Exploitation, Anime and VHS transfers, I have a few things not on the scraper what is the best way for adding these titles as well.
Personally I do it like so
TV shows (folder)/nameoftvshow/season 01/01x01, 01x02, 01x03
Hello Guroking

The TVDB is quite sensitive to TV Show naming. You have named your show Persona Trinity Soul where it should be named Persona - Trinity Soul. Change your folder name to Persona - Trinity Soul. Kodi reads the TV Show name from the folder. It only reads Season and Episode numbers from the episode files.

The best way to add content to Kodi library that does not appear on the scraper site is via NFO_files (wiki). Have a read of the wiki page and there are a number of options to create them. Using one of the media managers would be easiest.

You should also add the missing content to TVDB for all to enjoy... and as a backup if you ever need to rebuild your library.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the suggestion
(2018-02-12, 11:52)Karellen Wrote: Hello Guroking

The TVDB is quite sensitive to TV Show naming. You have named your show Persona Trinity Soul where it should be named Persona - Trinity Soul. Change your folder name to Persona - Trinity Soul. Kodi reads the TV Show name from the folder. It only reads Season and Episode numbers from the episode files.

The best way to add content to Kodi library that does not appear on the scraper site is via NFO_files (wiki). Have a read of the wiki page and there are a number of options to create them. Using one of the media managers would be easiest.

You should also add the missing content to TVDB for all to enjoy... and as a backup if you ever need to rebuild your library.
 Hey Karellen,

Wow you guys are fast, much appreciated. It was original Persona - Trinity Soul, I changed it to Persona Trinity Soul to see if it would help. I ended up changing the scraper to anidb and it fixed it along with a few other titles I was having problems with.

Is a good plan to divide things by scrapers? Like Anime TV for the anidb scrapper and US/Euro TV for the TVDB scrapper.

I read about the creation of nfo file. Is there a way of adding movies/shows with correct file/folder structure but no nfo?

I ask because I have a couple thousand rips to add. I am coming here from Launchbox/Hyperspin game front-ends. One thing I really liked about Launchbox is the ability to dump all the games for a given system, have them scraped and import them both games with scrapped data and without data. The games without data used the file name to add it by title but missing the other info and media. You could then edit any game and media by right click.

Looking forward to contributing some info/media.
The easiest way to force the scraper to get the right show is to use a simple nfo file with just the URL to the show, like: https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=81490
This will point the scraper to the right webpage to get show information. The episodes should be scraped correctly after that.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
(2018-02-12, 13:17)Guroking Wrote: Is a good plan to divide things by scrapers? Like Anime TV for the anidb scrapper and US/Euro TV for the TVDB scrapper.
Yes, it is a good plan to divide by scraper.

(2018-02-12, 13:17)Guroking Wrote: I read about the creation of nfo file. Is there a way of adding movies/shows with correct file/folder structure but no nfo?
It depends on what point in the process you are at. I find it easiest just to manually create the folder structure as I rip my videos, as I am already sitting at the computer inserting and removing optical disks, so just spend a few seconds creating the New Folder. It's not a hard structure to get your head around. Have a look at the images in these two pages. A good idea to read them...
https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/Movies
and
https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shows not on thetvdb.com not adding even though named correctly0