How to build my own "kodi-python3"?
Hello,

I don't use Windows and not a Debian based distribution.

So I want to compile my own Kodi with Python 3.

I've been searching for about an hour now to find the right repository with the required sourcecode, so can someone please point me into the right direction? Maybe it would also be a good idea to add this to the FAQ somewhere...

Please also post the relevant build parameters. Can your "kodi-python3" packages coexist with the "stable" Kodi package? Would be actually pretty handy if this would be possible, so the "python3" version can be used for development only while still having the stable version installed for "productive use".

Thanks in advance.
Python 3 version is in "feature_python3" Git branch. As for a separate installation, Kodi supports "portable" mode with -p option.
(2018-02-12, 18:53)Roman_V_M Wrote: As for a separate installation, Kodi supports "portable" mode with -p option.
 I seem to recall this -p flag is only for windows.
Add-on : Bluray iso utils Rewrite of BR_iso_enhancements
Add-on : BR_iso_Enhancements Give theatrical & directors cut from the same bluray iso each their own library entry, use bluray iso's of tv shows as if they are already ripped.
You might get some problem with clashing dependencies while running Kodi in portable mode on Linux so I'd advice using a virtual environment.
You can simply install kodi to a different dir, by changing CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to build my own "kodi-python3"?0