Kodi 18
Hey, is this great skin will support kodi18??
It will eventually, but does not yet.
OK..
thank you for you're quick answer and for you're work!
I haven't seen a lot of chatter in the forum here in a while but just so that anyone that might care knows, I roughed out all the required changes up to Dec 2017 to make it compatible for Kodi 18 at that time. There have been more developmental changes since then that will need to be implemented to stay compatible but one of us will knock those out when the time comes. Once 18 comes out of Alpha and becomes a final release Metropolis will get its updates.

We do still work on it when we get the time.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
great!!!
Hello..... I was using that build for a little while (I wanted to do some testing) and the 1080 update. Is there any plans for you to take that any further? I know 18 is a while off, I use Metropolis as a base for learning skinning and am trying to decide how much time I invest in the 1080 build Big Grin
The 1080 build was a lark (granted it was a lark with 159 changed files with 11,459 line additions and 9,894 line deletions). I saw a bunch of other skins migrate to the higher resolutions and wanted to see how hard it would be to upgrade Metropolis to that resolution. I don't have anything against moving to it, but that is something that Jingai needs to sign off on first given how much work and how many changes will be required.

I don't want to spend days finishing it up only to never see it merged. Remember my GIT page is not the official one. It is just there for me to prep for new versions and test things.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
So I added the last few required updates since the last time I updated my fork.  So all the main tasks for a Metropolis version for Kodi 18 have been roughly implemented.

There are many issues that will need to be fixed, but I just wanted to show that we haven't forgotten about Metropolis.

These are screenshots of an early WIP version of Metropolis running on a nightly Kodi 18 from May 28, 2018 and a RetroPlayer equipped version just to show that the game support is ready for when it's merged into the main fork.

Things on my git repository are not for the casual user, but if you know how to install a skin manually by all means go ahead, just remember there is no support for a non-official version. (you can private message me, but I may not respond for a while)
Thanks for the update, I have only used your builds as a guide (learning tool) you tend to make a couple of tweaks that I like to try to pull in to my own variation. Where I can I stick to the main build and pull in any of the tweaks that you have done in to that. 

Am happy to wait patiently for a updated version (once 18 becomes available) 

On a side note... I played with the 1080p version..... could you see any real difference?? I cant decide if its actually worth the work to go in to it Big Grin
I think if all of the artwork was remade from source, and assuming those sources were 1080 or better, that it could look a little crisper. It could make positioning objects a little more precise instead of the closest pixel to where you wanted something. But I have none of the sources and nothing's placement has really kept me from failing asleep at night so I'm not sure it's worth the bother. 

Metropolis is at the size that it is for the 10-foot interface not because the fonts can't get smaller. I'm sure it will be done someday but I'm not seeing a rush. I'm open to any reasonable argument for or to the contrary.
Hi, I have just started using Metropolis Krypton in the past 2 weeks. My question does not refer to Krypton as Kodi 18 is around the corner. I want add my own splash and intro to the skin, I can not see anywhere I can do this on Krypton. So my question is...Will there be an option to add our own splash and intro? 

Btw..Loving the skin, it took me a while to work it out (not really that long) but I like it alot. This will be my main skin for kodi 18. 

Thanx fella's.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 180