Kodi + nas
Hello to all !

I am looking for some device that can combine both of them.
Player (Kodi) supporting 4k, hdr, 10bit, audio codecs - dolby, dts, dolbydigital plus and etc.
NAS - two bay 3.5 hard drives, with small futures like - web control, smart report, smb, ftp access.
And if it has small dimension will be great :-)

Can you suggest me some kind of device ?

Thanks in advance !
Zidoo X9S (no internal HDD) or Zidoo X10 (one internal HDD). Both are supporting openwrt as NAS and playing basically every movie flawless with auto frame- und resolution switching.
IMO, having a loud/noisy NAS next to your TV is something I would not recommend.
A NAS with 2 drives always has a fan for airflow, and the smaller the NAS the louder the airflow.
I'm with @Klojum

DIY route - always a good idea to seperate NAS from Media player IMHO

ODROID HC-1 (2.5") or HC-2 (3.5") stackable DIY NAS:
https://www.cnx-software.com/2017/08/21/...le-for-49/
https://www.cnx-software.com/2018/01/18/...ed-for-54/

You will get away without even needing a Noisy Fan, because the Metal case acts as a big heatsink.

Then something like a MINIX U9 running LibreELEC Kodi Krypton or a Plug N Play Vero 4K.

There are cheaper DIY S905X or S912 4K HDR options found here:

Choosing a S905 / S905X / S905D / S905W / S912 box guide (click)

I have a normal PC as a NAS, in a M-ATX casing with 2 slow rotating fans, away from my living room.
It's running Ubuntu, with NFS as its main file protocol. Of course you could add SMB and/or FTP services.
Now I have Netgear stora with two hard drives, near to my tv, router, speakers and beelink player.
I changed the fan, it is very quiet, the only noise comes from hard driver - 2TB WD Purrple in RAID1.
Beelink GT1 is perfect player for me and everythinks works ok with Kodi16.1. Most of the time use Kodi 
to play movies and music from storage, not from online repos and etc.

Anyway I think is there anyway to combine the devices. 

Just was cured, does this kind of device exists :-)
There is no Android device combined with a fullblown 2 drive NAS, as far as I know.
There are NASes with a HDMI output and a Kodi app, but I doubt they have similar video capabilities as the Beelink.
Unraid NAS with libreelec running on a VM. Try looking around limetech forum for more details. It’s really amazing Smile
HT System - Denon X1500-H, 4x RP-500M for FR,FL,SR,SL, RP-404C for Center, 2x RP-500SA for Top Middle, SVS PB-2000. Harmony 665, LG OLED CX 65, Samsung PN51H5000 Plasma
Separate your storage from your playing devices.

That is all.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2018-02-15, 08:32)nickr Wrote: Separate your storage from your playing devices.

That is all.
 I run 2 Mediasonic 4 bay hard drive enclosures attached to my Wetek Hub (libreelec). Been working like a charm since October. 

And before that, I was using the mediasonic enclosures attached to a Dune Base 3.0 without issue. 

I don't hear any undesirable noise from the hard drives either.
Good for you. My advice stands.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
+1 for separate devices

buy a cheap client (ARM, Raspberry, FireTV, ...) for KODI and install a "playback" OS (LibreELEC, ...). Video playback nowatimes must be done mostly in hardware, so everytime a new standard is defined, you have to buy new hardware and future software updates are not that important 

buy a device with a long update guarantee as NAS (I would prefer x32/x64 to ARM) and install a "NAS" OS (OpenMediaVault, FreeNas, Unraid, ...). My current NAS is 6 years old and still needs security fixes, but the only hardware changes in this time were a few hdd upgrades

=> if the next generation codecs (AV1, ...) are released, you only need to spend 30 bucks for a new client, not 200 bucks for a new nas
I am agree with all of you. Keep the scenario in current state - nas + player.
I think AV1 will not be actual for the next 2-3 years. Still there is no so much H265 content, 
but this is for another place for discussions :-)

Thanks for advice !
(2018-02-16, 11:48)zehner Wrote: (I would prefer x32/x64 to ARM)

So did i until:
https://www.servethehome.com/intel-atom-...bug-quiet/

Synolgy does not fix all devices, only broken ones and gives only one crappy year more warranty. I was expecting many years of usage, but it can stop working at any reboot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi + nas0