Not playing music from Logitech Media Server
Can you share the MediaInfo details of those files?
(2018-02-14, 12:22)trondkj Wrote: I have tried different methods, both samba & nfs: same result. I've also tried to copy files to a usb memory stick, plug it into the pi3, and play the files from it. Same result there. I've also tried to copy files to the msd-card, but with no success. It simply won't play audio files.

Try the USB method again with debug logging enabled, as this will eliminates anything in the media sharing chain over the network and should hopefully allow us to identify the issue. Also are these files playable on any other media players/devices? for example if your server is not headless then have you tried using VLC for example to try playing the files.
Have changed the thread title to be more accurate.
There is nothing special about playing music, and I really don't know what is causing your issue.
Quote:I've also tried to copy files to a usb memory stick, plug it into the pi3, and play the files from it. Same result there.
You need to add music source(s) before you can play, even if you then don't scan the music files into the library. Have you done that?

Otherwise all I can add is that I know RPi + LibreElec makes a great media player, so could the issue be OSMC releated?
May be it is osmc related. I did actually try to install another image: XBian, and it was able to play mp3 files from my usb stick (but not flac, it just jump to the first mp3 file on the stick).
After some trial I,ve been able to play flac from my server using samba with Kodi on XBian. I will try again with a new osmc install and see what happens.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not playing music from Logitech Media Server0