v12 Mirror with old Addons needed
You can also state that it's bad that by them not updating they would force us to stay in the dark ages of functionally
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
LOL Rofl
Just so some context is available here, you are asking for the Kodi team to maintain binary addons compatible with a wide range of different Linux kernel and libc combinations, dating back over half a decade:
  • Frodo, 29 January 2013
  • Gotham, 4 May 2014
  • Helix, 23 December 2014
  • Isengard, 21 July 2015

I feel that is wildly unrealistic. For comparison, here's the timetable of currently supported Linux LTS kernel versions:
  • 3.2, 4 January 2012, EOL May 2018
  • 3.16, 3 August 2014, EOL October 2014, re-introduced until April 2020
  • 4.1, 22 June 2015, EOL May 2018
  • 4.4, 20 January 2016, EOL February 2022
  • 4.9, 20 December 2016, EOL January 2019
  • 4.14, 12 November 2017, EOL January 2020

As you can see, the only Linux kernel that was around Frodo was released was 3.2, which only has support until May of this year. (Even that is barely there, save for RHEL type backports ...) Same for Gotham. Helix was released after LTS kernels 3.16 and 3.18, both of which are no longer supported. Isengard's newest kernel release was 4.1, which is also EOLed for May of this year.

Considering the large number of kernel changes that have happened since those releases, in addition to the numerous updates to other support libraries required by Kodi, it is wholly unrealistic to expect support for software that old. If your hardware is unable to run a Linux kernel and Kodi version that is currently supported, you either should look into updating your hardware, or seek a commercial suppport solution that will work with your particular hardware requirements.
Quote:you are asking for the Kodi team to maintain binary addons compatible with a wide range of different Linux kernel and libc combinations, dating back over half a decade

...no I don't. I'm asking for an old addon-mirror.
Quote:it is wholly unrealistic to expect support for software that old
Your argumentation is self-relying and has in fact no base.
I'm sure in 2022, when the last kernel of your list expires, I will get the very same answer for current releases. The solution to the problem was already mentioned in this thread several times. You really should provide sandboxed packages with all dependencies inside, along to the normal, native deb- or rpm-packages. And of course don't remove the old addons from the servers.
fact is there is no addon 
(2018-02-24, 16:31)bred_pitt Wrote: The solution to the problem was already mentioned in this thread several times. You really should provide sandboxed packages with all dependencies inside, along to the normal, native deb- or rpm-packages. And of course don't remove the old addons from the servers.

well then some one from the community should get their hands dirty and get that working and submitted to us so every one can use it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mirror with old Addons needed0