Black boxes replacing icons and images
I recently had a catastrophic crash of my Raspberry Pi Desktop / Retro Games Emulator / Kodi Media server. My best guess is that the boot partition broke because the man bulk of data was left intact. I was able to save the .kodi folder and now that I have a new installation of Raspbian on a new SD card I am able to install and run Kodi fine. Fine that is until I move over all the recovered data. When I do that the system starts to bug out. The most noticeable glitch is that many of the icons and images are now just black boxes. This happens sporadically, sometimes the image / icon will show and other times it won't. Sometimes just scrolling through a list is enough to get it to work or not work. All of the buttons still technically work for the most part they just look graphically different. Another issue I've been having is that sometimes while scrolling through the UI causes the display to rubber band, rapidly jumping between where it was and where it's supposed to be now. Or it will just sit there and jitter. Also my XBox 360 controllers that previously worked with the system no longer work. Any help with this would be great!

Here are some images of the glitch I am having:
https://imgur.com/a/MhdoK

*EDIT* the old build of Kodi was Krypton 17.3 (or maybe 17.4) and the new build is Krypton 17.6
Try deleting the guisettings.xml and reboot.
The debug log (wiki) may help. Possibly a missing gpu_mem setting in config.txt.
I'll be away from my Kodi box this weekend so there's no rush on this, but here is the Pastebin of the issue: https://pastebin.com/r4uWRbKc

I have tried both of the solutions provided thus far to no results.
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Code:
GPU mem: 76MB

GPU mem should be 256 minimum on a Pi3.
Thanks for the help ActionA. Unfortunately, that did not work and I now have to leave so I won't be able to try anything else, but I think I'll just start over. the UI works enough that I can write some stuff down like what all is in my favorites so I'll just do that.
If you remove any line started with gpu_mem= from your config.txt file and just leave one with gpu_mem=256 it will work for sure.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black boxes replacing icons and images0