• 3(current)
Release Aura
(2018-02-19, 01:24)Blurayx Wrote: @jurialmunkey 

It's just an observation regarding Aura splash screen busy loader. It tends to start/stop when loading, this also happens when I disable all widgets.
Grid's splash screen busy loader runs smoothly. Does Grind use a different system? Smile  

Thanks

It's because the splash is actually over two separate windows - Startup.xml and Home.xml - so the brief pause is when the window transitions from Startup to Home.
This allows me to show a splash screen even if Kodi is set to start in a location other than the Home screen. The trade-off is the brief pause. If there is a crash on startup, it also gives me a bit more of an indication of when it has occurred.

Also, I like your custom splash screen. Very nice! Big Grin
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2018-02-19, 00:46)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2018-02-18, 14:08)Blurayx Wrote: @jurialmunkey
I thought Horizon was amazing but Aura has surpassed it. I don't know what you've done under the hood but Aura runs so smoothly, it's a joy to use Cool

That is great to hear!

(2018-02-18, 19:42)allard1992 Wrote: Yes! My favorite skinner made a new beauty again. I love this mix. I prefer always the vertical layout on a tv. But I gonna use this one aswell. Thanks again @jurialmunkey
Thanks! Glad you like it

(2018-02-18, 22:47)stacksptdtdm Wrote: Will there be an option to set the categories to the bottom, instead of the top? I ask because, when... Sometimes going into settings, or add-ons. And then backing out, it will freeze on the home menu screen. It only happens when I tick off the categories widget in settings.
Can you test latest git. Hopefully I've fixed this issue without needing to have the categories widget enabled. Also hoping I've fixed the widget loading issue.

Tested the issue without having the categories enabled, and it's working fine now, so far no freezes. If your regarding towards the episode airing today? It's still now working for me. I'm on the latest marcelveldt skin helper service widget and on version 6.0.15 on TV show next aired. I've noticed that when going into skin helper widget, and navigate to episode airing today... It's blank.
(2018-02-19, 03:21)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2018-02-19, 01:24)Blurayx Wrote: @jurialmunkey 

It's just an observation regarding Aura splash screen busy loader. It tends to start/stop when loading, this also happens when I disable all widgets.
Grid's splash screen busy loader runs smoothly. Does Grind use a different system? Smile  

Thanks

It's because the splash is actually over two separate windows - Startup.xml and Home.xml - so the brief pause is when the window transitions from Startup to Home.
This allows me to show a splash screen even if Kodi is set to start in a location other than the Home screen. The trade-off is the brief pause. If there is a crash on startup, it also gives me a bit more of an indication of when it has occurred.

Also, I like your custom splash screen. Very nice! Big Grin
Thanks for the info.
I found the png logo on google. Paste it on a black background using keynotes. only took 3 minutes Smile
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
Jurialmunkey,

WOW ... this is brilliant. I do still love Fuse though but would love a "mash up" or combination of the the two.

Don't expect you to do this and happy to trawl the XML but some tips would help.

I'd like to use the following views from Aura on Fuse :

For Music - "LIST"

For Photos - "Square Wall"

Is this even possible ?? where would I need to start ? Is it just XML changes as I know Fuse only has one view with options or would I also need textures/images too ?

Thanks Again
Thanks very much for this skin !!! Gonna use it on my Rpi!! Smile

Can you please add an option to move the “categories” to the bottom ?

Thanks !
Very nice. Will test on a low end device. Could you add an access to the settings from the home (optional if you want)? I use a remote with very limited number of buttons, and i can't access the shutdown menu.
Thanks

EDIT: ignore my comment! It is there. Just my skin shortcuts settings were messed up.
Any chance that you make this nice piece of work compatible with kodi leia?
(2018-02-19, 20:46)Aaiemron Wrote: Any chance that you make this nice piece of work compatible with kodi leia?

+1
Hi jurialmunkey,
Thanks for another great skin. Is there any chance of an option for the submenu being in the same format as the main menu that appears under the chosen main menu item instead of the boxes? (and maybe 1 widget linked to the submenu items that can be scrolled vertically, so when you highlight a submenu item that content appears).
Brilliant work yet again.
@Silki - It is possible, but fairly complex - it isn't a simple cut and paste type job. I'm afraid that if you don't know the basics to get most of the way there then I'm unlikely to be able to help you without practically having to do the whole thing for you.

@attackkkkkk - is there a specific reason you want the categories at the bottom. If you disable the categories widget in the skin settings, you are able to access the submenu by pressing up.

@Aaiemron & @Hinkel - I don't like maintaining two versions of skins at once and I'm currently using Krypton on all my devices. However, most things should work fine on Leia - the only big problem will be the addons settings dialog. You should be able to use the modified version of that dialog which was made for Horizon by bsoriano (dialogs are mostly the same as Horizon).
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2614171

@stujohaigh - if you disable the categories widget in Skin Settings > Home, you should be able to access the submenu by pressing up.
(2018-02-20, 01:14)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Aaiemron & @Hinkel - I don't like maintaining two versions of skins at once and I'm currently using Krypton on all my devices. However, most things should work fine on Leia - the only big problem will be the addons settings dialog. You should be able to use the modified version of that dialog which was made for Horizon by bsoriano (dialogs are mostly the same as Horizon).
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2614171
Oke, I understand. I tried what you said and it worked! Thanks.
I'm now using this skin on Leia.
I have tested that skin and i must say that i love it.
I have one little FR request: Could you add an option to hide watched items from default home widgets? I like to use them because they are really fast.
Also will you at one point release a version with xbt textures? On my AFTV Aura is signifanctly slower than estuary. Looking at the skin itself i think most of the difference comes from media not being packaged in a xbt file.
I will try packaging it my self and see if it is significantly faster.
Thanks
"@Silki - It is possible, but fairly complex - it isn't a simple cut and paste type job. I'm afraid that if you don't know the basics to get most of the way there then I'm unlikely to be able to help you without practically having to do the whole thing for you."

Ok Cheeky one first then could you "do the whole thing for me" ?

I've been having a look at "Includes_Object.xml" as even extending the height would help to use some of the space up and get towards that tall list.

How about a suggestion to add FUSE's Low list as a view type in Aura ?
@carmenm - unfortunately not possible to hide watched in widgets from the skin side of things. What is shown depends on the settings of the plugin being used for that particular widget. If you use smart playlists for widgets, they can be setup to hide watched items.

Yes textures xbt will be created for official repo inclusion. I don't include it in development versions so that it is easier to change things around. It should speed things up a bit, but due to the customisability of the skin, it is always going to be a bit slower than estuary. I'm going to attempt to redo the widget code in the future which should help reduce the weight of the skin.

@Silki - Sorry but that's a no on both fronts. It's quite a big job that you are asking. Also low list doesn't match with the minimalist no-panel design of Aura.
@jurialmunkey 

Wow, The new splash screen is 10x better than the last one!!!

Looking good  Big Grin

Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aura19