• 100(current)
Release Aura
(2019-02-12, 01:41)Tired Dad Wrote: Hello, thank you for making a great skin while we wait for Arctic Zephyr 2  Smile

I have noticed something odd with multiple profiles and this skin.  Every time a user profile exits, the master user is loaded, even if the master user has an unlock code.  This behaviour is repeatable with two or more profiles and it does not matter if the profiles have lock codes or not.  Changing the master user ID to 99 in the profiles.xml did not work, it still loadd the master.

This can be an issues because the master user is completely open from an admin POV and also the library is separate from the one I have for the kids, so it's a concern from a library accessibility standpoint as well.  This is occurring on the Leia version of the skin.  Changing the users to other skins results in the issue disappearing.  I'm not sure if this is affecting anything, but whenever I add a new user, they cannot load the skin (or any skin for that matter) from the interface menu, I have to go to the add-ons to install it. 

Has anyone experienced something similar?  Uninstalling the profiles and reinstalling did not work, nor did the brute force method of deleting the profiles folder. The nuclear option of uninstalling Kodi didn't resolve it either.

Thanks for any advice you may have. 

TD
I am also having this issue. Love the skin and would love to use it but I need to figure out what is causing this. I have tried fresh install and with multiple different skins. The auto-log into masterprofile after logging off another profile is only happening with Aura skin. I have searched in several xml files for the skin but can not find anything that would be causing this. 1 other thing is it does not automatically log into the master profile when first starting Kodi or when logging off the master, just when you log off with another user. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the great skin otherwise.
(2019-02-13, 08:45)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-13, 04:51)bryan1 Wrote: Anyway to mark all movies as watched at once?
This is not something controlled by the skin. 
If your using Trakt.tv you could sync your Kodi library to it.  When migrating from Kodi 17.6 to 18 this was the method I used to keep my watch states for movies/tv shows intact.
(2019-02-12, 01:41)Tired Dad Wrote: Hello, thank you for making a great skin while we wait for Arctic Zephyr 2  Smile

I have noticed something odd with multiple profiles and this skin.  Every time a user profile exits, the master user is loaded, even if the master user has an unlock code.  This behaviour is repeatable with two or more profiles and it does not matter if the profiles have lock codes or not.  Changing the master user ID to 99 in the profiles.xml did not work, it still loadd the master.

This can be an issues because the master user is completely open from an admin POV and also the library is separate from the one I have for the kids, so it's a concern from a library accessibility standpoint as well.  This is occurring on the Leia version of the skin.  Changing the users to other skins results in the issue disappearing.  I'm not sure if this is affecting anything, but whenever I add a new user, they cannot load the skin (or any skin for that matter) from the interface menu, I have to go to the add-ons to install it. 

Has anyone experienced something similar?  Uninstalling the profiles and reinstalling did not work, nor did the brute force method of deleting the profiles folder. The nuclear option of uninstalling Kodi didn't resolve it either.

TD
Hello Tired Dad,

I found a potential work around (It is not Ideal but it is working for the time being):

First I wrote a python script to switch skins, then logoff, then switch back to aura skin:
I got the idea and initial code from the following post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2453312
Here is my script (LogoffKodi.py):
Code::
import xbmc
xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Settings.SetSettingValue","id":1,"params":{"setting":"lookandfeel.skin","value":"skin.estuary"}}')
xbmc.sleep(100)
xbmc.executebuiltin('SendClick(11)') 
xbmc.sleep(100)
xbmc.executebuiltin('System.Logoff()') 
xbmc.sleep(100)
xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Settings.SetSettingValue","id":1,"params":{"setting":"lookandfeel.skin","value":"skin.aura"}}')
xbmc.sleep(100)
xbmc.executebuiltin('SendClick(11)') 

To create the script:
1. open a basic text editor, such as notepad.
2. copy and paste the above code
3. save as a .py file (note the location you save it, you will need to use the absolute path to run it)

Once the script is created login into kodi:
1. Go to Skin settings>Miscellaneous>Customise power menu
2. Go down to the "Log Off" menu item
3. Go to Action and select it
4. Go down to "Custom Item"
5. Erase what is there and enter:
Runscript:
RUNSCRIPT("path/filename.py")

Like I said not Ideal but it is working for me, and the master profile is not being logged in every time I log off another user. 
If anyone has a better solution please let us know, I would love an idea.

Hope this helps.
Wow, thanks for that!  I'll give that a try tonight.

Too bad I deleted all my skin settings in a huff, those submenus and widget layouts took some time to create Smile
(2019-02-13, 17:24)Marcmin Wrote:

TD
I am also having this issue. Love the skin and would love to use it but I need to figure out what is causing this. I have tried fresh install and with multiple different skins. The auto-log into masterprofile after logging off another profile is only happening with Aura skin. I have searched in several xml files for the skin but can not find anything that would be causing this. 1 other thing is it does not automatically log into the master profile when first starting Kodi or when logging off the master, just when you log off with another user. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can't recreate this issue.

Do you both have the login screen enabled in Profile Settings? Also, is your startup window set to Home (Interface Settings > Startup > Startup Window)?

Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2019-02-14, 02:18)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-13, 17:24)Marcmin Wrote:

I have noticed something odd with multiple profiles and this skin.  Every time a user profile exits, the master user is loaded, even if the master user has an unlock code.  This behaviour is repeatable with two or more profiles and it does not matter if the profiles have lock codes or not.  Changing the master user ID to 99 in the profiles.xml did not work, it still loaded the master.

TD

I can't recreate this issue.

Do you both have the login screen enabled in Profile Settings? Also, is your startup window set to Home (Interface Settings > Startup > Startup Window)?

That's a "yes" to both questions... I'd insert a picture but it keeps asking for a URL instead of browsing to my desktop Smile
Login screen is a yes
Start-up is set to home window
(2019-02-14, 00:23)Tired Dad Wrote: Wow, thanks for that!  I'll give that a try tonight.

Too bad I deleted all my skin settings in a huff, those submenus and widget layouts took some time to create Smile
Agreed the sub menus and widgets and all settings take a while to set up (that's also why I save back-ups of all my Kodi files), which is why i needed to find a solution, didn't want to go through all that with a different skin, not to mention I like this better then the ones that are available for 18 right now.
(2019-02-14, 03:11)Marcmin Wrote: Login screen is a yes
Start-up is set to home window

Hmmm. That is so strange. And when you log-off you don't get the login screen (see below) and instead the master profile just does an auto-login?

How exactly are you logging off the profile?

Also, can you outline the steps to reproduce the issue, as I can't seem to recreate the problem when I create a second test profile.

EDIT: I've managed to reproduce the issue. Trying to find a solution now.
@Marcmin and Tired Dad - I think I've fixed the issue. Can you test latest version from git and confirm?
BTW, my version is 1.02, but you're screen shot shows 1.03, which the Kodi repository does not download.  Interesting.

From GIT, do I just choose "clone or download" and then overwrite the skin with those files?

EDIT: Never mind... I figured it out and it works!  Smile
(2019-02-14, 04:08)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Marcmin and Tired Dad - I think I've fixed the issue. Can you test latest version from git and confirm?
 Just updated from git, and tested... it looks to be working. Thanks so much. Just one thing I noticed is your default log off wasn't working for me. You had the action as "DIALOG.CLOSE(ALL,TRUE)", I changed it to "SYSTEM.LOGOFF" and it is working. This is strange because "DIALOG.CLOSE(ALL,TRUE)" worked for me before I updated. But never-mind that , thanks for the quick fix. May I ask what did you have to change to get it working?

Thanks again for a great skin and a quick response.
(2019-02-14, 04:17)Tired Dad Wrote: BTW, my version is 1.02, but you're screen shot shows 1.03, which the Kodi repository does not download.  Interesting.

From GIT, do I just choose "clone or download" and then overwrite the skin with those files?

EDIT: Never mind... I figured it out and it works!  Smile

Excellent! Glad the fix works.

Git will always be a few versions ahead of the Kodi repository. Generally we try to limit updates to skins in the repo to once or twice a month.
(2019-02-14, 05:05)Marcmin Wrote:
(2019-02-14, 04:08)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Marcmin and Tired Dad - I think I've fixed the issue. Can you test latest version from git and confirm?
 Just updated from git, and tested... it looks to be working. Thanks so much. Just one thing I noticed is your default log off wasn't working for me. You had the action as "DIALOG.CLOSE(ALL,TRUE)", I changed it to "SYSTEM.LOGOFF" and it is working. This is strange because "DIALOG.CLOSE(ALL,TRUE)" worked for me before I updated. But never-mind that , thanks for the quick fix. May I ask what did you have to change to get it working?

Thanks again for a great skin and a quick response.

The Log-off action is actually two actions stacked together:
Code:
Dialog.Close(all,true)
System.Logoff

You can only see the first action in the customisation screen.You don't really need the Dialog.Close action, but sometimes it is useful if there is a dialog which would prevent logoff.
I don't know why it would stop working, as I didn't change anything related to the default action.

In terms of the fix, I had to change the Startup window code. I initially had a delay built into the startup window to give colorbox and skinhelper a chance to load their settings before loading the home screen. I use the skinning engine's AlarmClock function to set a 1 second delay before launching the Home screen with ReplaceWindow(Home)

However, it seems with certain types of profile setup, the Startup window for the master profile will briefly load before the Login screen. So what happens is that the AlarmClock is triggered in the Startup window, then the Login window loads, then the second delay elapses so AlarmClock calls ReplaceWindow(Home).

To fix it, I now call the ReplaceWindow(Home) command immediately as Startup loads so that the call happens before the login screen loads (and thus the login screen overrides the ReplaceWindow call).
Is it possible to replace the default music genre icons with my own? With other skins I've either edited textures.xbt or copied my icons directly to for example /<skin>/extras/musicgenres and they've been automatically picked up, but Aura doesn't have a textures.xbt file and no matter where I put my icon folder, they aren't picked up.

Additionally, when I view music genres, almost all of them are the default genre icon except for three (christmas, classical and soul), but I can't figure out where those three are being pulled from. I assume it's relying on an external image pack?
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aura19