• 145(current)
Release Aura
(2021-05-05, 06:16)0ldfart Wrote: Do RT and Metacritic ratings work? I note that they are using the kodi repo version of metadautils...

How to check if they work? In the movies detailed info, I see only ratings from imdb and tmdb. Metacritic and RT are enabled in the skin options.
I have RT and metacritic working on my side.

However, it maybe that these are filled in by Addon "Embuary Info" (Standard Kodi repository > Video add-ons > Embuary Info.

Could you see if you have this Addon enabled and set your OMDB API key in settings for this Addon?

If doing the above works, I will look into adding a note in my repo (and later check to see if I need to actually continue needing Metadautiils)
(2021-05-05, 22:26)kcook_shield Wrote: I have RT and metacritic working on my side.

However, it maybe that these are filled in by Addon "Embuary Info" (Standard Kodi repository > Video add-ons > Embuary Info.

Could you see if you have this Addon enabled and set your OMDB API key in settings for this Addon?

If doing the above works, I will look into adding a note in my repo (and later check to see if I need to actually continue needing Metadautiils)
Aura didnt use embuary, skinhelper populated the ratings.
(2021-05-05, 22:26)kcook_shield Wrote: I have RT and metacritic working on my side.

https://github.com/kcook98765/skin.aura/...4de7201252

Includes_Object.xm
You change 
Code:
Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.RottenTomatoes.Us​erMeter)
in
Code:
Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.RottenTomatoes_Rating)
and working by Addon "Embuary Info" ?

rollback your changes, this changes don't work...just use original from
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.aur....xml#L1177

XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2021-05-06, 10:01)Angelinas Wrote:

https://github.com/kcook98765/skin.aura/...4de7201252

Includes_Object.xm
You change 
Code:
Window(home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.RottenTomatoes.Us​erMeter)
in
Code:
Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.RottenTomatoes_Rating)
and working by Addon "Embuary Info" ?

rollback your changes, this changes don't work...just use original from
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.aur....xml#L1177

The picture above is using Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.RottenTomatoes_Rating)?
(2021-05-06, 18:04)Edworld Wrote: The picture above is using Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.RottenTomatoes_Rating)?
NO
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
Sorry for the confusion, it is The Movie DB Helper that is supplying the RT and Metacritic currently.

I will review my changes and try to determine the "best" option (want to try and keep to Official Kodi repositories where possible).

In the mean time, install/update (if not already installed) the module TheMovieDb Helper (4.3.0)  ( Kodi offical repository > Video add-ons > TheMovieDb Helper ) and be sure to set OMDb API key in the module settings.

That should then get the RT/Metacritic working for the skin (no need to update skin yet, will verify and clean it up, including having it auto install this module in the future).

Will be a couple days until I can update the skin repo itself.
(2021-05-06, 22:54)kcook_shield Wrote: Sorry for the confusion, it is The Movie DB Helper that is supplying the RT and Metacritic currently.

I will review my changes and try to determine the "best" option (want to try and keep to Official Kodi repositories where possible).

In the mean time, install/update (if not already installed) the module TheMovieDb Helper (4.3.0)  ( Kodi offical repository > Video add-ons > TheMovieDb Helper ) and be sure to set OMDb API key in the module settings.

That should then get the RT/Metacritic working for the skin (no need to update skin yet, will verify and clean it up, including having it auto install this module in the future).

Will be a couple days until I can update the skin repo itself.
I cannot get RT and Metacritic on my movies but if open TheMovieDb helper with my OMDb API it works.

It is possible to work like the info below?
Quote:RottenTomatoes and Metacritic Setup via SkinHelper and OMDB api
1. Install the beta version of skin helper from marcelveldt's beta repository (and update all relevant dependencies e.g. metadatautils and simplecache).
https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...-1.0.1.zip
2. Go to omdb and get an API key. If you are lucky you can get a free key, but please consider donating to omdb via Patreon to keep omdb alive
http://www.omdbapi.com/apikey.aspx
3. Once you have an API key, go to Skin Settings > Manage Dependencies and click "script.module.metadatautils" to open it's settings
4. Go to the API section of the settings and enter your omdb api key, then press OK to save your settings.
5. Close Kodi and delete simplecache.db from kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.module.simplecache/simplecache.db - this step is not necessary, but it will force skin helper to rebuild its info cache and retrieve the ratings.
6. Open kodi and your ratings should now work. It can take a little while for skin helper to retrieve ratings for the focused item the first time around, so make sure you give it a little bit of time before reporting problems.
7. SkinHelper is heavily rate limited if you do not also have api keys for TMDb and Fanart.tv - I recommend also getting api keys for these.
(2021-05-10, 18:25)Zpower Wrote:
(2021-05-06, 22:54)kcook_shield Wrote: Will be a couple days until I can update the skin repo itself.
I cannot get RT and Metacritic on my movies but if open TheMovieDb helper with my OMDb API it works.

1. Install the beta version of skin helper from marcelveldt's beta repository (and update all relevant dependencies e.g. metadatautils and simplecache).
2. Go to omdb and get an API key. If you are lucky you can get a free key, but please consider donating to omdb via Patreon to keep omdb alive
3. Once you have an API key, go to Skin Settings > Manage Dependencies and click "script.module.metadatautils" to open it's settings
4. Go to the API section of the settings and enter your omdb api key, then press OK to save your settings.
5. Close Kodi and delete simplecache.db from kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.module.simplecache/simplecache.db - this step is not necessary, but it will force skin helper to rebuild its info cache and retrieve the ratings.
6. Open kodi and your ratings should now work. It can take a little while for skin helper to retrieve ratings for the focused item the first time around, so make sure you give it a little bit of time before reporting problems.
7. SkinHelper is heavily rate limited if you do not also have api keys for TMDb and Fanart.tv - I recommend also getting api keys for these.

I have reverted the changes in my repo to use skinhelperservice instead of TMDBHelper.

If you download and install a fresh copy from my repo, and set the ombd API key as specified, it seems to work (I guess without the key a default one maybe used, but will be slow due to throttling... much better if you get a personal API key).
(2021-05-11, 02:15)kcook_shield Wrote:
(2021-05-10, 18:25)Zpower Wrote:
(2021-05-06, 22:54)kcook_shield Wrote: Will be a couple days until I can update the skin repo itself.

I have reverted the changes in my repo to use skinhelperservice instead of TMDBHelper.

If you download and install a fresh copy from my repo, and set the ombd API key as specified, it seems to work (I guess without the key a default one maybe used, but will be slow due to throttling... much better if you get a personal API key).
I'm done what you indicate.
I've a personal key for OMDb and its working.
I open simplecache.db with SQL and see i get data from Rotten and Metacritic by OMDb but Aura don't display the icons.
Number of votes dont display too.
Maybe you need to make some changes (If you want of course) to display votes and ratting of rotten and metacritic

Exemple of OMDb API getting data to movie Alien (1979)
Information extracted from simplecache.db
Quote:{'title': 'Alien', 'year': 1979, 'mpaa': 'R', 'premiered': '22/06/1979', 'premiered.formatted': '22 Jun 1979', 'runtime': 117, 'genre': ['Horror', 'Sci-Fi'], 'director': ['Ridley Scott'], 'writer': ["Dan O'Bannon (screenplay by)", "Dan O'Bannon (story by)", 'Ronald Shusett (story by)'], 'plot': "A commercial crew aboard the deep space towing vessel, Nostromo is on its way home when they pick up an SOS warning from a distant moon. What they don't know is that the SOS warning is not like any other ordinary warning call. Picking up the signal, the crew realizes that they are not alone on the spaceship when an alien stowaway is on the cargo ship.", 'imdb.plot': "A commercial crew aboard the deep space towing vessel, Nostromo is on its way home when they pick up an SOS warning from a distant moon. What they don't know is that the SOS warning is not like any other ordinary warning call. Picking up the signal, the crew realizes that they are not alone on the spaceship when an alien stowaway is on the cargo ship.", 'country': ['UK', 'USA'], 'awards': 'Won 1 Oscar. Another 17 wins & 22 nominations.', 'thumbnail': 'https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMmQ2MmU3NzktZjAxOC00ZDZhLTk4YzEtMDMyMzcxY2IwMDAyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_SX300.jpg', 'art': {'thumb': 'https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMmQ2MmU3NzktZjAxOC00ZDZhLTk4YzEtMDMyMzcxY2IwMDAyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_SX300.jpg'}, 'metacritic.rating': '89', 'metacritic.rating.percent': '89', 'rating.imdb': '8.4', 'rating': 8.4, 'rating.percent.imdb': '84', 'votes.imdb': '799,115', 'votes': 799115, 'imdbnumber': 'tt0078748', 'type': 'movie', 'media_type': 'movie', 'rottentomatoes.meter': '98', 'rottentomatoesmeter': '98', 'rottentomatoes.image': 'certified', 'rottentomatoes.rating': '9.1', 'rottentomatoes.rating.percent': '91', 'rating.rt': '9.1', 'rottentomatoes.reviews': '125', 'rottentomatoes.fresh': '122', 'rottentomatoes.rotten': '3', 'rottentomatoes.consensus': 'A modern classic, Alien blends science fiction, horror and bleak poetry into a seamless whole.', 'rottentomatoes.usermeter': '94', 'rottentomatoes.userrating': '4.4', 'rottentomatoes.userrating.percent': '44', 'rottentomatoes.userreviews': '460,267', 'rottentomatoes.url': 'https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/alien/', 'dvdrelease': '2015-11-25', 'dvdrelease.formatted': '25 Nov 2015', 'studio': ['Twentieth Century Fox', 'Brandywine Productions'], 'Duration': '1:57', 'Duration.Hours': 1, 'Duration.Minutes': 57, 'Runtime': 117, 'RuntimeExtended': '117 Minutes', 'DurationAndRuntime': '1:57 (117 min.)', 'DurationAndRuntimeExtended': '1:57 (117 Minutes)'
EDIT:

I find out votes and ratting of rotten and metacritic works on TVShows but not on movies as you can see below
I believe I found the issue in the skin for ratings display for movies.

I have updated the repo skin, download and load into kodi and it should work now.
(2021-05-12, 02:29)kcook_shield Wrote: I believe I found the issue in the skin for ratings display for movies.

I have updated the repo skin, download and load into kodi and it should work now.

Could you please advise the URL for the repo?

I found https://github.com/kcook98765/skin.aura but couldnt see a repo url there. What is the file or path please?
(2021-05-12, 02:29)kcook_shield Wrote: I believe I found the issue in the skin for ratings display for movies.

Just tested and don't work for me.
Same scenario of your previous git and my last post. (No votes or nether rotten and metacritic ratings on movies)
i create a new source of my movies and create a new simplecache to force populate database but don't work Sad
I'm glad you fix some other things like dialogaddon.xml
(2021-05-12, 13:45)0ldfart Wrote:

Could you please advise the URL for the repo?

I found https://github.com/kcook98765/skin.aura but couldnt see a repo url there. What is the file or path please?

Sorry I misspoke, still new to the terminology for kodi.

I do not have a repo, just the skin, available at that url.

As for the RT/Metacritic, I did revert the code, and then found changes to get the ratings displayed. Not sure why it did not work for @Zpower  but I will see if I can figure it out.
(2021-05-12, 17:10)Zpower Wrote:

Just tested and don't work for me.
Same scenario of your previous git and my last post. (No votes or nether rotten and metacritic ratings on movies)
i create a new source of my movies and create a new simplecache to force populate database but don't work Sad
I'm glad you fix some other things like dialogaddon.xml

Not sure why it is not working for you. I did find a couple minor issues, so there is another version now available in my github (but this only fixes some specific ratings displays, even though I was/am getting ratings myself).

Perhaps try the new version, if still having issues, another entry from the simplecache DB might be useful for me to verify some things.

Note, recent couple of changes to the skin involved changing the skinhelper "names" for the fields where ratungs are stored (pre Matrix, it seems names were different).
  • 145(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aura19