Video stops playing randomly with message "This file is no longer available"
Smile 
Hi, this is my first thread so please be gentle with me. I have the following problem. I'm streaming vids stored on my NAS (Synology DS211+) to my TV with Nvidia Shield TV. When playing the videos they somethimes randomly stop playing, I have to restart them to continue watching. Many times I cannot not resume watching because of this error message: "This file is nog longer available. Would you like to remove it from the library?". If I follow Yes, I must rescan the library, to recollect the video and continue watching. Very, very annoying, it's ruining the pleasure of watching the videos! On the Nvidia the latest KODI is installed (no addons), I performed a clean install but problem persists. Who can help me with this?
If the problem persists after a new/clean install, then IMO it must be a netwerk issue. Are you using the Shield TV's wifi network or an ethernet cable connection?
Also, are you using a SMB or NFS connect to your Synology? Or something else?
You can alternatively store your video library database via MySQL onto the Synology NAS, so the Shield's internal memory will not be burdened with that task.

Perhaps you can enable debugging, and provide us a Kodi debug log (wiki) file to see some internals of your Kodi setup.
Or a disc problem in your NAS.
(2018-02-16, 22:15)HeresJohnny Wrote: Or a disc problem in your NAS.
Eek Who needs horror movies when we've got you Big Grin
But I concur with previous poster, please post a debug log, it might explain what's going wrong.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Thanks for the replies. I used to connect to my NAS with smb, I changed this to NFS as recommended. I also installed MySQL on my NAS and created the movie database on my NAS as suggested. The discs on my NAS are still in good shape. I have not watched movies in full yet, but if the problem persits I will make al log file and post it here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video stops playing randomly with message "This file is no longer available"0