Movie Poster Image Cache
Using Ember, to update images, and they write poster / fanart files next to the video file in the correct format.

However, even after using the Ember kodi interface sync, the old images remain.

In the web chorus interface, I see the new ones.

Going to kodi and doing clean library, rescan library, change source type to none and back to movie, going to the movie and doing refresh.... All these have no effect.

Waiting 12 hours and rebooting does the trick, so I guess it's some persistent caching, and I would love to know how to clear the cache.

Various articles have led me to large scale add-ons, and I prefer to avoid add ons if I can to keep it clean and simple (unless that's the only way).  However there must be some db table I can clear, or a directory I can clear to flush the image cache?

Thanks!  Dave
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
Yes, there is a little glitch in when artwork is replaced with another piece of artwork having the same name... eg replace Poster.jpg with Poster.jpg

But it resolves itself after 24 hours. No-one seems to have tracked it down (or had time to track it down)

I know you have figured it out, but more for others that may have the same issue.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-02-16, 22:01)Karellen Wrote: No-one seems to have tracked it down (or had time to track it down)

there's nothing to resolve as this is intended behaviour
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Well, good news that I'm not going mad. However surprised this doesn't have higher priority. Makes library management quite hard.

If you add local files and scrape, it overrides.
If you at local and say no to ignore local data, you don't get the other meta data.
If you scrape then update, you don't see the changes.
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
(2018-02-16, 22:05)Martijn Wrote: there's nothing to resolve as this is intended behaviour
Oh, right. I didn't know it was intended. I'll stop referring to it as a "glitch". Thanks Smile

Is there a reason why?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-02-16, 22:19)Karellen Wrote:
(2018-02-16, 22:05)Martijn Wrote: there's nothing to resolve as this is intended behaviour
Oh, right. I didn't know it was intended. I'll stop referring to it as a "glitch". Thanks Smile

Is there a reason why? 
 To prevent continues disk/network trashing to see if original image has changed compared to cached one. You simply do not want to check each image display if cached one still matches.
Ok, makes sense. Thanks.
My Signature
But why doesn't "refresh", or update library from Ember, or update library from Kodi allow this.

The Ember MM seems to write data, which could force a re-caching for that title.
Similarly one ought to be able to do that from somewhere in interface, or CLI.

Otherwise library management becomes very hard indeed.

All I've found so far, is that I can do a hard refresh on the browser, which shows the latest data, however that doesn't update kodi.

Also, doing a remove and re-add source ought to make this happen at least!
Why, why, why.....
Erm.....
So no update on this?

To clarify, the point is, I'm asking why actions like "refresh", update library, change content type, and delete library and rescan - why all of these don't replace images in cache.

I mean, I can totally get that in daily use you don't want to go back to source, and would cache as much as possible, however it's normal to be able to manually flush / reset / update that cache as and when required, even if only for specific items.

Currently the only approach apart from wait 24 hours, is to re-install OS from scratch.

Could I suggest it for a feature or something? that refresh actually does that?

BTW: if you tell it to ignore local content and get it off the internet, then it DOES update the cache, however that's not a useful case.
I just use Kodi. Not ember. When I add movie sets to the homepage, I see Spiderman 2 as the set picture for the Spiderman Collection (one example). This is "intended" Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Poster Image Cache0