Naming for Attack on Titan (2017)
I can't get Kodi to scrape Attack on Titan, second season (2017). Same with monogatari- basically anything past the first one. Does anyone know the proper naming for these? AniDB, nor TVDB work. Or, does anyone know of a site which collects naming problems for Kodi? Do not say NFO files, having to construct files for every episode is unacceptable, I may as well go back to the 90s and load individual episodes into VLC. I don't know why this stuff has never been fixed with kodi, but it shouldn't take the same amount of time to get files working as it does to watch half a season of the show.
Is this the show you are referring to... https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=267440&lid=7

There seems nothing unusual with the show or the way it is named and numbered, so the chances are very, very high that the problem is at your end.

Please show us how you have named the TV Show and the Episodes.

No, there is no "problem with Kodi site"

(2018-02-17, 00:57)mistergreen Wrote: I don't know why this stuff has never been fixed with kodi
What stuff are you referring to??
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-02-17, 00:57)mistergreen Wrote: Do not say NFO files, having to construct files for every episode is unacceptable
You do know that you need only 1 NFO file for the entire series, with just the URL that Karellen posted in it?
See NFO with just the URL

But if your filenames are not in the right format, all bets are off. As Karellen asked before, can you give us an example of your filenames / folderstructure?
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
(2018-02-17, 00:57)mistergreen Wrote: Does anyone know the proper naming for these? AniDB, nor TVDB work.

This is how I have it named. Scraped from TVDB just fine.

Thanks for the reply. I use the same naming conventions for everything. It works for 99.9% of TV, and about 90% of anime. Folder show name> showtitle S01 > showtitle S01E01.xxx. I got Attack on Titan working. It's labeled in kodi as 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 etc (not by me), but it seems to be working.

I haven't been able to get monogatari to even show up in kodi. I've tried about 5 different variations of folder/file, show name. I can't really make a connection between the folders and thtvdb. For instance, if you search Otorimonogatari, you will find it, but the link is back to the monogatari main page. If you click through all the seasons listed there, you will not find Otorimonogatari. Admittedly, this show is not standard, with it's "arcs", and myriad specials, but if I have to jump through hoops for a week to get things working, I wonder sometimes if it's worth trying to watch anime with kodi.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9lychdf7h634c5...i.jpg?dl=0

Regarding the NFO files, I had read through the official documentation, and i swear it said there needed to be nfos for the episodes, I assumed so there'd be metadata for kodi? Wrong? I will try it like you say, with just the one NFO and see what happens.
As for the "stuff", I just meant, I find myself going through a lot of trouble with 1 of every 10 things I put into kodi. I use the proper naming convention. It's just that the system is dumb. If anything's not EXACTLY what it's expecting- if a show's structure varies by a single character, you're not going to be watching that without a bunch of monkeying, and likely a couple of visits here. I'm not saying I know how to fix it, I just know that thedvdb/kodi dependance is far from foolproof. I'm a fool?
Here's another example. I downloaded "Hanamonogatari" (I'm trying to watch this whole series). It shows up in kodi, sort of. It's trying to use the info from the very first episodes of the show. Usually kodi ignores a show if the folder isn't recognized. This time it decided to just do whatever, i guess.
my file naming
ignores folder name, uses original series
uses weird 1.x naming, these episodes/descriptions are from totally different series.
Ok, I just tested your Hanamonogatari. In under three minutes, I created dummy files for the first two seasons, inside my existing Source and scraped. No problems at all. All 24 episodes scraped.

This is how I named them...

The problem is at your end. Most likely with the way you have set up your sources. I can see a naming problem with the image in your post #5

You will need to provide a Debug log (wiki). First remove the Hanamonogatari show from your library and run a Clean Library from the settings menu. Then enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, run an Update Library to scrape the show. Once done upload to https://pastebin.com/ or https://paste.ubuntu.com/ and link back here. Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-02-19, 22:52)mistergreen Wrote: Regarding the NFO files, I had read through the official documentation, and i swear it said there needed to be nfos for the episodes, I assumed so there'd be metadata for kodi? Wrong? I will try it like you say, with just the one NFO and see what happens.
Did you check the link in my post? You can either have all metadata in the nfo, and then you will need nfo's for all episodes, or you can use a parsing nfo file, which is nothing more than the URL to the page on thetvdb.com (https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=102261 for Monogatari)

You still need to have your episodes labelled correctly though. Karellen's post is a good example of a format the scraper can work with. There's no need for season folders or arcs.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Not sure what you're doing there. 24 episodes? Of what? And there's only 11 in your screenshot. There's only 5 episodes for hanamonogatari. My naming is exactly the same as yours. Kodi thinks it's the very first season- Bakemonogatari (2009), which has 15 episodes. Hanamonogatari is from 2014, 5 episodes. I've cleaned the library a few times.
Well then, how about you provide the links of which show you are referring to.

I am not an Anime fan. I have no idea when it comes to Anime. Regardless of the Genre, scraping works the same for ALL tv shows.

Start being a bit more helpful, and stow the attitude otherwise I am happy to move on and let you figure it out for yourself.

(2018-02-20, 00:57)mistergreen Wrote: And there's only 11 in your screenshot
Look again.
My Signature
According to thetvdb all derivatives of Monogatari are listed under that show. Looking at http://bakemonogatari.wikia.com/wiki/Han...ri_(anime) for Hanamonogatari I can see all episodes have Suruga Devil in the episode titles and is split into 5 parts. Going back to thetvdb I can these episodes are listed as Specials of Monogatari not as a separate show Hanamonogatari, see https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seri...6951&lid=7 because of this you must use Monogatari when naming your files.
Below lists all the aliases for that show, so I don't think the actual TV Show name for the files is that important, as long as it matches one of the aliases.

I think the problem is the users expectation, and not fully understanding TVDB and the scraping process.

My Signature
Disclaimer: I have no interest in the *monogatari series, so I don't have any of the episodes. I use TVDB for all my TV series, anime included, and have been satisfied with it. I have not tried what I am about to suggest, but maybe it will of use to OP.

Assuming your anime is separated (file-system-wise, or at least Kodi-source-wise) from your non-anime TV shows, you could set that source to use this AniDB.net scraper. I just checked on AniDB.net for Hanamonogatari, and it does have a separate entry for its 5 episodes vs. Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, and presumably other -monogataris. If that scraper works how I suspect it would -- counting each of the above -monogatari series as a distinct show, it may produce the outcome you desire.

Again, I have not tried this, have not used this scraper, and don't have my anime separate from my TV shows in any way. Best of luck.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Naming for Attack on Titan (2017)0