Long time user TV remote problem TV is Samsung UE55MU6400 Remote is BN59-01268D
Sorry if this is pretty basic stuff. Just got a new Samsung tv as above. Have been using Kodi/OSMC etc. for many years on various Raspberzry Pi models with my Panasonic TV and remote. Have been able to do virtually everything I need (e.g. all the File Manager stuff) using the Panasonic remote. Suddenly I find that the new Samsung remote only does very basic stuff.

Can you please point me to what I should do/read to sort this out.

Thanks
I assume that you're using the CEC facilities of the TV to get the remote control actions - or have you a control which talks directly to your RPi?
If CEC, then it probably comes down to what buttons cause CEC codes to be transmitted - quite a wide variation according to TV manufacturer and model.
You may want to turn on debug mode to see which buttons cause action codes to be transmitted..
Derek
Get a harmony remote, 650 or 350, nothing fancy. 

Not sure if Flirc would be any use
This might seem out of left field, but for what it's worth... Does the remote you've got do what you need most of the time? If so, you might consider getting a keyboard for those other times. A keyboard lets you do basically everything once you learn what key goes with what function. I've got a Logitech K400. They do come up on special from time to time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Long time user TV remote problem TV is Samsung UE55MU6400 Remote is BN59-01268D0