v18 Audio sync problems if "Enabled Dolby Digital transcoding" is selected
Hello,

over all Kodi 18 Builds there is a problem on my system.

If the Option "Enabled Dolby Digital transcoding" is selected, i have a audio sync problem. The problem is not present with Kodi 17.6

I would like to have the settings: WASAPI / 2.0 / Passthrough and "Enabled Dolby Digital transcoding" enabled. That works great, that recorded TV Shows are played back with DD.

This setup, as mentioned works in Kodi 17.6.

I have a DVDLogic Backend.

Would be great, if this could be fixed. All other things are really great working right now in this Alpha!!!! 

Thank you to the Kodi Team, for this great Software!!! Sorry for my bad english.....
If the delay is consistent, you can set an audio offset while a video is playing then save that as the default for all videos.

Andy
Hello, this is not a solution, because it only happens with DD recordings. Recordings without DD (5.1) soundtrack do not have the delay. So it is not praktikable to set a default delay. For 50% percent it would be okay by default, and for the other 50% it would be the same problem.

Because this worked without a glitch in Kodi 17.6 (and also in other 17.x Versions) i think it is a bug right now, in the Kodi 18 Version, that can be fixed.
The same is described here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=323392

This problem did not exist in 17.x Versions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio sync problems if "Enabled Dolby Digital transcoding" is selected0