Getting green down arrow trying to play movie off USB thumbdrive
KODI box gives me a down green arrow when I click on a movie or video to play off a USB drive. I browse, go down to the movie, click on it and get a green arrow which does not play the movie. How do I fix this please? I Can't watch anything off the USB drive any more. Used to work just fine.
Hello iduhpres

I am not familiar with a green down arrow, but that will be related to the skin you are using.

Which skin are you using, which version kodi and please post a screenshot.

How are you accessing the movie- via the Movie Library or via Videos>Files?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I am afraid I am not very KODI smart. What is a skin? I work it off windows 10 but never had any trouble until recently it started.  It is an older version of KODI that came with it two years ago. I am accessing via USB port, browser,  selecting the movie on the USB and getting the arrow
(2018-02-19, 00:48)iduhpres Wrote: What is a skin
Kodi allows you to install new screens that change the look of Kodi. Also know as Themes. A bit like changing the colour scheme on a Windows computer, but more advanced.

(2018-02-19, 00:48)iduhpres Wrote: It is an older version of KODI that came with it two years ago.
What version of Kodi? Came with what? What is the hardware you are using. Was it a Kodi preloaded box you purchased?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
yES IT WAS A PRELOADED BOX i BOUGHT TWO YEARS AGO. iT WORKED OFF THE usb FINE UNTIL RECENTLY. i HAVE TRIED REBOOTING IT TOO BUT NO AVAIL
Sorry but we do not support pre-loaded boxes. The reason being is that there are usually lots of modifications and poorly written add-ons installed. We won't try and diagnose problems with boxes created by other people.

I suggest you go back to the retailer for assistance (yes I am aware you said 2 years) or completely wipe the box and download Kodi from this site and start fresh.

Your thread will be removed shortly for breaching our forum rules.
My Signature
I got it to terll me and it is 4.4.4 but I cannot get it to uppgrade
(2018-02-19, 01:59)iduhpres Wrote: it is 4.4.4
That sounds like an Android version, but you posted in Windows. Can you confirm it is Android. And are you trying to install a fresh version?
My Signature
Please take a photo of the problem and upload to
https://imgur.com

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting green down arrow trying to play movie off USB thumbdrive0